[ ꜰᴏᴜʀ ] ᴠᴇᴄɴᴀ ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋꜱ.

We ventured deep into the school, our footsteps echoing through the dimly lit hallways. Breaking into the school had been a breeze; they never bothered to lock or secure the doors in the back. It was an eerie feeling, sneaking through the deserted corridors, our senses heightened with each passing moment.

"Dustin, do you copy?" Robin's voice crackled through the radio.

"Yeah, I copy," Dustin responded.

"Nancy's a genius, Dustin. Vecna's sinister history dates all the way back to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bull's-eye."

"Okay, that's totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now," Dustin replied hastily, speaking into the radio.

"Wait, what are you up to?" Robin inquired.

"Breaking and entering the school to retrieve highly confidential and deeply personal files," Dustin explained.

"Wait, what are you doing?"

"Just get your ass over here, stat. We'll explain everything." Dustin retorted, annoyance creeping into his voice.

After navigating the labyrinthine hallways, our expedition came to a halt in front of Ms. Kelly's office. Max, our nimble companion, swiftly unlocked the door, and we stealthily entered the room. We scattered, combing through the space in search of what we sought. Max instinctively made her way to the drawer housing the students' files.

"Holy shit," she exclaimed, her voice filled with astonishment.

"You found it?" Dustin eagerly inquired.

"Yeah, and not just Chrissy's file. Fred was seeing Ms. Kelly too," Max replied, holding up the files of both Chrissy and Fred. I took them from her, my hands trembling with a mixture of anticipation and fear. Opening them, I was greeted by a barrage of symptoms listed on the first page. As I delved deeper, comparing Chrissy's and Fred's files, a disquieting realization washed over me—I recognized similar physiological and psychological afflictions mirrored in my own existence.

Past trauma
Terrible nightmares
Difficulty sleeping
Headaches

My throat constricted, panic seizing me with an iron grip. The slow, dragging rhythm of my heartbeat grew louder, drowning out the world around me. Abruptly, two more files materialized before me—my own and Max's. She cast a quick, nervous glance my way before opening them.

Overwhelmed, I rose from my seat and hastily left Ms. Kelly's office. Collapsing onto the floor, I leaned against the cool, unforgiving wall, seeking solace in its touch. After a few minutes, the sound of a door opening and closing reached my ears, followed by the presence of a body settling next to me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Steve's voice broke the silence.

"I thought it was nothing. I believed it would fade away with time, but I was wrong," I confessed, leaning my head against Steve's shoulder. He had always been like a protective older brother, his caring nature providing me with comfort and security. As we conversed, our voices mingled with the rising clamor emanating from the office.

"Are you alright? Max! Max!" It was Dustin, his voice filled with alarm. Without hesitation, we hurried back inside. I knelt beside the younger girl, concern etched across my face.