prologue (from author)

This is from the author real quick. With a story like this, I figured we needed to get a few things straight. This story is an alternate universe from the original Stranger Things story. In season 4, Eleven is seeing her past in these medically induced flashbacks, where these scenes with 001, (who will be referred to mainly as Henry) in this story. We are in that universe, which takes place in the late 1970's. Henry is in his mid 20's if you do the math in this time period. In this universe, there is no Eleven. Henry works as an assistant with Brenner, much like in the actual show. In this story, he works closely with small children sometimes, but mostly Y/N who is about 20 in this story. Y/N is a patient with special privileges being one of the only older and newly imprisoned patients. Her head is not shaved, and she is given treatment different than what is shown in the show. She also has unique powers. Now more into Henry, in this story he is not and WILL NOT become Vecna. He never encounters Eleven, therefore the gate to the upside down does not even exist in this universe. While secrets of Henry's past will be revealed later in the story, all you need to know is that he is not evil. The person you will meet, read about, and fall in love with is not evil. Making a fanfiction about this guy is very challenging and tedious, and I had to make that clear in order for it to work and make him likable. He'll still be edgy, no worries. Have fun reading. I hope you enjoy this story as it develops.

- citrinevinyl