eight.

The next few days are very wonderful. We spend all of our time in our little white room, detached from Brenner and the horrors of the lab. Henry locks the door and closes the curtain on the door, and it is like our own private bubble. We laugh and eat lunch together; we play games and talk about ourselves. We tell stories and the more we talk, the more I want to know about him. Brenner has stopped coming around me, he has finally realized that everything involving me can be done without him much more successfully. He has left Henry alone mostly, only asking for updates about how 'ready' I am. When he says 'ready', he is meaning 'ready to be used as a bargaining piece or weapon'. Henry has grown much more affectionate, touchy, supportive, and much more loving. I think we are tiptoeing around addressing our feelings. At least I am, but his discreet handholding and whispering are something that has been used very frequently lately. As we come back from another great day, I yearn to be around him longer. We approach my door, and he releases my hand as he whispers, "See you tomorrow." I hold onto him for a second longer, and I whisper back, "I wish we could be together longer." He squeezes my hand one last time before saying, "Me too." He opens my door for me, and leans over me for a second, kissing my forehead. He slowly walks away down the hall, and I want to run after him and never let him go. But I go back into my room and imagine myself kissing him, loving him, and never having to let him go again. I change out of my sweatshirt and into a white t-shirt to sleep in, and I put my hair into a ponytail. I fall into my bed and continue reading Pride and Prejudice, looking at all of Henry's marks and highlights throughout the book. He highlights and talks about love, gestures, and words. I know that there is no force like his, his unique bond and love would make any human feel otherworldly. 

I am taken out of my trance when a very quiet tap sounds on my door, and then slightly opens and closes quickly. He is here, he is in my other universe. He is out of his usual outfit and instead wears a black t-shirt and gray sweatpants. Henry has his classic grin on his face, and he puts his finger to his lips to tell me to whisper. I signal for him to have a seat on my bed, setting my book down next to me. "What are you doing here?" I whisper, a big smile on my face. He chuckles, "Well, you don't seem too mad about me being here, so that's good at least. I missed you." He sits casually, acting like he didn't just appear and visit me in sweatpants. I hate to focus on it, but he looks really good. His hair is a little messed up and not so perfectly combed. His t-shirt slightly shows his arm muscles and his Adam's apple is easier to see without his button-up. He has a black leather bracelet on his wrist. He looks calm and happy to see me, and I scooch over in my bed and pull back the covers so he can sit next to me in it. "I missed you, I was just surprised. You know, you're visiting me looking like that," I say, scanning my eyes at his outfit. He sits down in the bed, mimicking my position right next to me. "Do you like this?" He asks me, smiling. "It's different than usual, I enjoy seeing your arms and neck." I run my hand up and down his arm, going in figure-eight motions over and over. He takes his hand and does the same to me, going in figure-eight motions down my arm, then moving to my neck. He places his hand on my neck, slowly moving it up to my face, giving me goosebumps. He notices them and goes back down to my arm and whispers, "Do I make you nervous?" Nervous? That is definitely not the word I would use. "No, it feels good," I say, but I know that I got goosebumps because I was excited. I want to be touched by him, I want to touch him, I want these closed doors all the time. I would give so much to be able to walk down the street like any normal person and hold the hand of the man I love. But this is the privacy that we get, this is the limit of our intimacy. His hand on my back, our secret hand-holding, our whispers. He is worth it, we are worth it. He whispers in my ear, "Would you like me to kiss you?" My voice is weak and low when I reply, "More than you know." He chuckles under his breath, and he kisses me. Our first kiss is intense and sweet, his hand on my face and mine in his hair. He holds me, with his other arm around my waist. It's the kind of kiss that takes your breath away, the one that was worth all of the anticipation. He is a good kisser, his breath sweet and cool, our mixed air hot and heavy. We eventually part, taking slow, deep breaths after lacking air for so long. We lay on the bed together, my head on his chest. I have never fallen asleep happier, and I miss his lips on mine. When I wake, he is gone. My head is in the same spot, just replaced with a pillow. I look around my room, looking for any remanence of him. I find a note on my bedside table. 

See you tomorrow, sleepy head. - H

I miss him already. 

(AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!! - okay. how are we feeling. sorry for being MIA for a couple of days, i know i've been pretty consistent with this story. it was finals week and you know you know. I am officially on summer break, so expect lots more soon! and also i wrote this AMAZING chapter that ive been working on but i just wanted a little more buildup before that. SO. here is this chapter. i hoped you loved it because i am absolutely loving these two. i also think it is so in henry fashion to do all of this pretty much so i hope you found it realistic with the character somewhat. i also love the whole notes from him thing. ADORABLE. okay see you soon soon!!! -citrinevinyl)