after the story (from the author)

While writing and publishing, I received some questions and curiosities from readers through direct messages, comments, and more. I thought I would answer some things about this story, and some little extra things too.

When reading fanfictions on Wattpad, it's very common for story titles to come from song titles, lyrics, books, or quotes from the media that the fic is about. I was asked. why was my story named Sitting, Waiting, Wishing? This title was taken from a song called Sitting, Waiting, Wishing by Jack Johnson. While this song is more about not feeling love in return from your partner, I thought that the title fit the story very well. It made sense being that the couple always felt like they were sitting around, waiting to be able to love, and wishing that things were different. Throughout the story, they come to terms with each of these components and overcome these challenges. The obviously biggest obstacle being the wishing, which is resolved by their escape back to the real world. I really liked this song before writing, and I love it even more now.

When you watch the show, it seems very confusing as to why out of all the characters, I would choose to write about the most evil one. I got this question from friends when they found out I was writing about him, or even when I mentioned my appeal for him. I obviously didn't like what he did, but I was appealed by his looks and his 'nice guy' persona that he had before the end of episode 7, obviously. I wanted to focus my story on that version of him, and I wanted it to be as realistic (somewhat) as I could to his character, trying to make it similar to things and ways that his character behaved in the show. Subtle things like his physical touch, kind expressions to ease people, or his backstory. These components played an important part in the writing process.

Another very important component in my process of writing this was music! Music is a very important part of my life, and that played into the actions of characters and the mood of scenes. I wanted to include some of the songs that I listened to while writing, so you can get in the mood with these too! They're in all genres, and they're not really the usual tiktok soundtrack you see with every. single. fic. Trust me, I feel your pain. There is no Mother Mother or Artic Monkeys here! I hope you like some of these songs, and you see how the tone of them set up events in the book.

Gold Rush - Taylor Swift

Iris - Goo Goo Dolls

Better Together - Jack Johnson

Hanging By a Moment - Lifehouse

I Melt With You - Modern English

Paralysed - Jamie Bower (the king himself)

Hoax - Taylor Swift

The Blackest Day - Lana Del Rey

Tonight, Tonight - The Smashing Pumpkins

Time and Time Again - Counting Crows

Never is a Promise - Fiona Apple

The Good Side - Troye Sivan

Back to the Old House - The Smiths

Visions of Gideon - Sufjan Stevens

Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana

Dark But Just a Game - Lana del Rey

Buddy's Rendezvous - Lana del Rey

Like Real People Do - Hozier

and that's it! there were of course more that i listened to, but these ones really stood out to me and got played the most. i hope you really enjoyed this story. thank you for reading. stick around for more stranger things fanfiction! please consider following, voting, and commenting! thanks!