ten.

I wake up with love and desire strongly stirring inside my body. I always feel this way now, and I feel it escalate whenever I'm around him. However, today is not that day. Instead, I will be meeting with my least favorite person in the world. Brenner has experienced a change in heart, a box that he 'must check off'. He informed Henry of this yesterday, and Henry let me know. Brenner has asked to see my powers, against every other order he has given. In order to be sure that all of the time Henry and I spend together is truly worth it, he felt that it had to be examined. I stretch on the small open space of the tile floor in my room, and I relax my mind. Brenner has never truly seen the extent that my powers hold, how they work. I feel vulnerable, but I know that I have extreme power over him. He cannot force me to do anything, and my only true enemy is myself. Henry will be there, of course he isn't allowed to talk or do anything outside of 'observing'. I hear a quick and harsh knock at the door, the type of knock that means business. I smooth my hair quickly and open the door, staring at Brenner. "Are you ready to show me how hard you've been working, 22?" He holds no emotion in his eyes, he looks like he would be happier dead. I would also be happier if he was dead. I nod and walk with him. He leads me to a different room that I am not used to. It is painted a deep blue. A small setup of brain monitors and a chair sit in the corner of the room, and he tries to direct me to the chair. "No monitors," I say, in my best monotone voice. "What?" Brenner says, stunned. I elaborate, "I am showing you my powers, correct? I have the choice whether I want those on my head. I've had them on every 6 months according to my agreement. That is the only time I agreed to have them on." He nods, avoiding the subject. "I'm going to let you control this, but it better be good and real." He points to the door and I watch Henry walk in. He's in his usual outfit, but he looks so beautiful compared to the disgruntled, angry faced man I have been forced to look at all morning. Henry looks at me for a moment, and he approaches me. He takes my hand softly, shaking it. He leans in close and whispers to me, "Show him how amazing you are." I smile at him, and he returns to a position against the wall. Brenner stands in front of me. "Tell me when you're beginning, please." I nod and step away from him. I back up a few feet and take a deep breath, clearing out my head. I swirl my emotions of hatred into a ball, my loneliness, my despair, my emptiness. The feeling of abandonment is a cold one, and I want him to feel that. "Now." I say, staring at his eyes intensely. His face scrunches as he feels my emotion, the cold room and the heavy burden of loneliness. I push harder, breathing harshly and making him feel the pain. The sharp shocks of electricity, the powerlessness in the straitjacket. My harsh breathing turns into vocal sighs, and I see Brenner become trapped, wanting to be released. He raises his hand in the air, signaling to stop. He cannot speak, he is overwhelmed and trapped. He doesn't deserve to be released, so I keep going. I push myself further, feeling my nose bleed heavily out of both nostrils. Brenner makes a soft yelling noise, but he is not present in his eyes. I hold my hand out to make him feel worse, to place more emotion into his mind. My emotion overwhelms me, my eyes begin to tear up, Brenner begins to lift off of the ground. My body is trembling heavily, my ears are ringing, I couldn't stop even if I wanted to. My face begins to feel tingly and my eyes become too heavy to bear. I feel my hand come down and my body become limp. Warm hands are on my shoulder and cheek, and I know they are Henry's. I hear his soft voice and I hear two bodies fall to the floor: Brenner's and my own.

The ringing in my ears is replaced by the soft beeps of monitors and machines in the infirmary. It has been 2 days since my meeting with Brenner, according to the date on my heart monitor. I have never been in here before, but I've heard about it briefly. My hair has been braided back out of my face, IV's are place in my arms, my clothes replaced with a hospital gown. The infirmary is a very large white room separated by small curtains. Next to each bed is a blue leather reclining chair, where someone could sit and wait to see their loved one. I'm not sure how many people have loved ones in this facility, but there is someone I love waiting in the chair next to me. His hair is messed up as he sleeps, his perfect white shirt unbuttoned, with small smears of blood on it. I wonder how he was able to stay with me, or see me, or how he explained that to Brenner without suspicion, or if Brenner is even awake. I glance around the room that is completely deserted. There are no other patients that I can see or hear, no doctors or nurses, and no other noises besides the beeps of my monitors. I whisper, "Henry!" as I draw squiggles with my finger across his soft hand. He wakes up alarmed, instantly calmed when he sees my face. He quickly glances across the room, a reflex of someone who is secretly in love with his patient. He stands up and pulls the curtain of my room closed, giving us a bit more privacy. He stands in front of me, looking down and stroking my hair. "I missed you. How are you feeling?" He says, softly. "I feel okay," my voice croaks a little after not talking for a while. "Good. I like your hair like this," he says, quietly. I smile and nod. "But, we need to talk. Your power is growing, Y/N. What you did.. What it did to him.. That is no joke. They don't know how to get him back." My expression turns to a puzzled look, and Henry's eyes get wide. "You don't know what happened after your power presentation, do you?" I shake my head. "I rushed you to the infirmary after you passed out, your nose wouldn't stop bleeding and you weren't responding to my voice at all. I didn't care about him, I wasn't focused on him. I was worried about you, and I convinced Brenner's assistant to let me stay with you until you were better. Brenner took this big risk letting you directly use your powers on him, but I told him that it was the only way that you could really show him. A nurse was sent to check on Brenner, but he was not responsive. He is in a private room being tested, but he seems to be in a coma. They need you to get him out."

(AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!!! - I'm back!!! Sorry friends. I had a teeny bit of writer's block and now that summer is in full swing, I have so much time for this story. I have so many ideas and the story is going to be action packed soon. There will be a lot more of Henry next chapter, but isnt he THE CUTEST!!!! HE WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT HER. AW. anyways, new chapter out soon soon!!!!! XOXOXOXOXO -citrinevinyl)