Rose and Dimitri: What's wrong with Rose?

“Define involved.” I spoke. I knew what he meant.

“Are you having a romantically involved relationship?”

Dimitri met and held my gaze. I realized everyone was waiting for me to deny it. I looked at Dimitri’s family. How would denying it look to them? Dimitri’s girl can’t even say that she’s with him? What would they think? “Yes, I am romantically involved with Guardian Belikov.” I hated saying that, but it is his name in the outside world.

“Explain.”

“I love him and want to spend forever with him.” His face broke into a huge smile and I watched his family smile too.

“How long has this been going on? Before you turned eighteen?”

“I loved him since I first saw him. Our romance didn’t start till much later.” I didn’t put an age on it.

“How is it you are the best young guardian? It isn’t possible if you’re saying you’ve been in love with for a long time?”

I saw between the lines. “He kept everything very professional. We trained constantly not just physical training, but mental and emotional training as well. If you have no more questions, I really have to use the bathroom.”

He didn’t know what to say. I saw Dimitri trying not to laugh. “Very well. Court adjourned.” Dimitri started laughing and I went to him.

“Be right with you, sweets.” I skipped down the middle of the room and went to the bathroom. When I finished, Dimitri, his family, my parents, and my friends were waiting for me. I didn’t care. I went right into Dimitri’s arms. His strong arms wrapped around me. I snuggled my face into his chest. He rubbed my back and tilted my face up.

“I’m proud of you.” He told me with a smile.

“Anything else?” I teased him.

He laughed and shook his head. “Nope,” he whispered and leaned his head down. “I love you.” He whispered quietly.

“Hmmm, I think you’re alright.” I teased and pulled away giggling. “Hey,” I said to everyone in the group.

“That’s mean.” Dimitri sighed.

“I just told everyone royal person that I’m in love with my Guardian trainer.” I’m acting like it bothers me, but it doesn’t.

His arms tightened around me and picked me up. “I love you.” I looked in his beautiful eyes and he moved his face to my lips. There were people staring, but I didn’t care. Dimitri kissed me. He pulled back suddenly and I smiled happily at him.

“I love you! I love you!” I told him and snuggled into him like I was a little girl.  “Mm, hungry,” I murmured.

“How about we all go out to eat? We can all catch up.” I knew he was smiling by now at the thought of talking with his family.

“Rose, stop making a spectacle of yourself and get down.” I heard mom say.

“No, I like it right here.” I told her.

“I like you right here too.” Lissa let out a giggle.

“I bet I can guess other places you like her.” That came from Christian. There was groaning from my parents, but I laughed and felt Dimitri chuckling.

“Mmmm, no comment.” I said.

“I’d never thought I’d hear the day Rose didn’t have a comment.” Christian joked. I growled quietly and hated myself for not commenting. We were moving now and I heard car doors.