Rose and Dimitri: Daddy Daughter Time

Dimitri’s point of view:

I wrapped my arms around Rose and felt her sigh. I didn’t care if things weren’t the same with us. I just wanted to hold her. I soon fell asleep.

“Wake up!” I heard and jumped awake. Rose was smirking at me. “We’ve got training today.” I groaned and sat up. “I made a hearty breakfast for you before we start working.” Rose placed a peck on my cheek and went off skipping and singing into the hallway, shutting the door behind her. I got up and changed into my work out clothes before going towards the kitchen.

Dimka and Marie were eating together and I paused in the doorway. I wanted Dimka to like me again. “DADDY!” He yelled and I flinched, but he ran at me and hugged my leg tightly until I picked him up. “I’m sorry daddy.”

“I love you, Dimka.” I told him.

“I love you too, daddy.” He told me. “Now go get your butt kicked by Rose.” I laughed and Marie cheered. Rose let out a giggle and handed me a plate of eggs and toast. I ate quickly and pulled my hair back. Lissa came to watch the kids and Rose and I left.

We went to the gym and stretched. “Let’s run.” Rose took off into a sprint. I ran after her and was surprised how tired I got so fast. Rose kept yelling at me to go faster, but I couldn’t. “Come on!”

“I can’t. I CAN’T!” I screamed at her and she came to me. “Why are you torturing me?”

“You have to be able to run.” She said knowingly. I was collapsed on the ground now and she sat next to me. “So?”

“So?”

We looked at each other. “Are we always going to be this awkward with each other? Dimitri, I still love you.” Rose spoke quietly and my head whipped around to look at her.

“Rose,” I breathed. “I love you too.” We sat there quietly. I don’t know what was supposed to happen next. I looked at her and she had her eyes closed with a smile on her face. “Want to go out with me tomorrow night? Maybe we could do something during the day with everyone else?”

“Sure,” she replied. I don’t know how I feel about the new Rose. I liked the trouble making Rose a bit more. Suddenly Rose’s lips met mine and she stole a kiss. I looked at her. “What?” She asked innocently.

“Do you think this will be a serious relationship or like our relationship years ago?” I asked her.

She made a face. “Hopefully, a mix of both! The strict you was sexy.” She stole another peck and I growled. With a giggle she got up and ran from me. I stood and ran after her giggling form.

Rose’s point of view:

I was holding Marie in my arms and rocking in our rocking chair when there was a knock on the door. “Who is it?” I called out.