New chapter

It's short, but i've been busy all weekend so it's the best i've got.

Dimitri waited. I couldn’t say I knew his exact words, but I knew he wanted an answer. “Dimitri,” my voice was covered in surprise. “I… well…” taking a deep breath, I prepared to answer.

“Sorry to interrupt, but the Queen has requested to see Rose.” Stan was now in the doorway, waiting. “Quickly, Rose, come on now. She seems to be normal again.” I got up and left with him, rushing towards Lissa’s quarters. Stopping outside of her door, I listened for any sign that she was… ‘busy’… with a guy, but there was no sound.

I knocked and called out to her. “Liss, it’s Rose.”

“Come in!” Lissa yelled and flung the door open for me. She saw me and I could already tell she was normal again. “ROSE!” She flung herself at me. “Oh gosh, Rose, I’ve missed you!” She pulled me into the apartment and started babbling away. I couldn’t keep up with the word vomit spewing from her mouth.

“BREATH LISSA!” I shouted and she stopped talking. I laughed. “Slow down. I can’t understand what you’re saying.” She blushed and looked away. I saw marks on her neck and couldn’t help myself from reaching out to her and moving the hair blocking the view. Her pale neck was covered in bites and bruises.

“Aaron, well I guess it’s obvious, he made me a snack.” Lissa forced a laugh, but tears poured from her eyes. She told me what happened and all I could do was cry with her. Her life had been so horrible the past months that I didn’t even have it in me to yell at her right now for what she’s done to everyone else.

After listening for a while, I had to stop her. The flight to Russia was leaving in three hours and it would take at least one to get to the airport and then of course the check in process and all. “Sorry Liss, but Dimitri, the kids, and I are going to Russia for a while. We can talk on the phone.”

“How are you and Dimitri?” She asked hesitantly.

“He asked me to marry him before I came here. I haven’t answered him yet.” I hugged her and said a quick goodbye before she could say anything else.

Marie’s point of view:

Daddy was pacing after momma left and I copied him. “What are you doing, Marie?” I shrugged and kept walking next to him. Occasionally, moving hair from my face. “How about we go to the gym so daddy can relax?” I nodded and Dimka came running into the room screaming yes. So daddy changed us into gym clothes and we headed for the training room.

“Dimka want to fight?” I asked while I stretched.

“I’ll win.” He declared and ran at me. We fought for a while and I noticed daddy wasn’t hitting the punching bag anymore. Instead he was watching us kids try and hurt each other. Dimka was good, but I got an extra shot at him and pinned him to the mat.