Chapter 7

New chapter for any hungry readers?!!

"Hook has his men searching the woods nearby, you guys know what that means?"

"Yes sir," Aiden saluted Peter, his normally goofy face sincere.

"Gwen, you're with me," He turned to me and grabbed my chin, "and you will stay with me unless otherwise told by me, understood?"

"Yes sir," I shook my head, a little scared of what he had planned.

He smiled and then rubbed circles in my back as we waited to take off from the balcony. All entrances or signs of our home had already been taken care of, all that was left to do was scare the pirates enough that they would stop searching and leave us alone.

Peter sprinkled me with pixie dust that he kept in a leather pouch by his side, and smiled as Tink sat on his shoulder. I didn't know why but Peter Pan did not need pixie dust to fly, I was envious.

"Lets go," he shouted, jumping off the balcony and instantly shooting through the trees. I took a deep breath, silencing any fears of doubt or sadness and jumped, enjoying the buzz that spread through me as I followed Peter through the mass of branches and leaves.

Peter landed on a branch in front of me and grabbed my hand as I landed next to him. "They are right underneath us." He pointed to the very loud, and very colourful men, cutting down branch after branch as they walked. I winced as I realized how much nature they were harming.

"Should I attack?" A lost boy asked, landing on the branch behind us. Peter looked at him and detached his hand from mine with the slightest of movements, an instant chill came over me at the sudden distance.

"See that small one, with the feather in his cap, you're on him, ill take out the ones behind him." The lost boy nodded and flew into position. Peter looked at me. "Stay here, Gwen!"

I nodded but a sliver of fear coursed through my veins filling me with an overwhelming urge to do something. I heard the clash of metal against metal, the soft grunts and cries of pain begin throughout the woods around me. I knew the battle had begun but I was not sure how long it would take. How long I had to hide away in a tree and do nothing.

I saw Peter fighting a bit away, next to a Lost Boy who could have been no older than 15 years of age. Of course he could have been 100 and I would have had no idea. He was fighting a pirate who was at least triple his size but he was holding his own with no hesitation or fright. Here I was watching my fathers men attack my new friends and I was hiding in a tree.

I continued to watch them as I gathered my courage, closing my eyes and inhaling as I blocked the fight from my mind. My hand gripped the sword dangling from my side and just when I thought I was ready, I leapt from the tree with a squeaky warrior cry. I rolled onto my shoulders as I landed, easing the weight from my ankles as I stood up and rushed to attack the pirate that the Lost boy near Peter was fighting.

Both were surprised as my sword started dancing with their own. I blocked the Pirates attacks with absolutely no idea what I was doing. Every single thing I ever watched made sword fighting seem easy and beautiful. I was fighting as such a clumsy mess that I ended up doing more harm than good. The Lost Boy actually looked annoyed as I continued to get in his way. Eventually I just stood back and watched in helpless defeat as the Lost Boy threw the pirates weapon and held him at sword point.

The pirate threw his hands up in defeat with a sneer of anger on his scarred and disformed face. The Lost Boy smiled in triumph and placed his sword back onto the side of his leather pants. Walking away, I watched the pirate grab a knife from his pocket and rush up to attack the Lost Boy as soon as his back was turned away from him. With no hesitation, I jumped in front of him and just as soon as he was about to stab the young boy thrust my sword into the rolls of his stomach.