V

I walk home from Charlottes house. Iliana greets me her hip leaning against the door into my so called secret demonic people only apartment.

"Well well well" she says her voice trying to hide her anger.

"well what?"

"how could you go and socialize with those humans?"

"I'm technically still a human"

"yeah but your different you have Reaper blood flowing in your veins"

I remember them saying not many humans become Reapers. Mostly Demons or Exiled Angels become Reapers. There currently are included me about 3 Reapers. The blood from another Reaper fused with mine granting me the power to collect souls. Along with that I also gave half my soul.

If a human doesn't have a soul they either die or become a ghost walking around Hell forever. Some special cases the ghosts will haunt humans. Others might become part of the council. Some depending one if they were killed by a shadow monster and what not will turn into shadow monsters. They run around killing humans. Devils and Aliori's half human and half demonic entity roam around keeping them in check while shifting to blend into the environment.

The clearing of her voice snaps me back reality.

"How is that different" I snap at her.

"you're not like them. You're different they choose you because you can help us"

"help? How?"

"I can't tell you but it has to deal with the souls. I don't like what they're going to do with them. But you can help us fix it you can stop it"

"Stop what?"

"I can't tell you now but I'll tell you soon." Her purple hair looks like wisps of fire framing her face. She looks down a red blood tear falling out of her eye. Demonic creature normally cry black tears but Alioris cry red.

"don't cry it's going to be alright" I whisper placing a hand on her shoulder. I'm used to the scorching temperature of her skin. She hugs me tightly.

"It's not okay, V. It's much more serious."

"then tell me"

"I will just not now." She presses a kiss to my lips her blue lipstick rubbing off on me. She then quickly runs away before I could respond.

Her kiss stung like multiple bees yet it felt fulfilling. Iliana doesn't enjoy. I walk inside getting ready for bed.

I fall asleep quickly. No one really sleeps except for me. I on the other hand sleep even if I'm not tired. I usually don't dream but this time I do. My dreams usually involve me standing in front of the council. The council consists of different entities and lost spirits forming our government.

The room made out of marble. Columns at each 4 corners of the room inscribed with patterns. The wall smooth and cold. The wooden double doors close loudly behind me.

This time I'm back here again. The cold floors and tall tables stretch above me. I could barely see their faces. They all wear red suits some male and some female.

"Why is the girlssss soul not here yet?" A woman asks her body the appearance of a snake.

"I can't give you her soul"

"what?" They all say in unison all 20 of the.

"does it take you this long to collect one soul?" A male ghost speaks his voice filling my head.

"I'm not going to collect her soul" I say shaking. They all gasp.

"how dare you" a ghoul says anger in his voice. "I suppose we will personally have to go up there and convince her for her soul"