surprise?

I woke up in the other day with someone banging on the door. All my body ached from running yesterday.
Sarah was holding me and woke up with the noise as well.
I was still trying to fully wake up when they knocked on the door once again.

"Go hide!"— Sarah said.

"Hm, what? Why?"— I said grunting, forgetting for a second that the police has been searching for me every single day.

"Go hide, Y/n. In the bathroom or the closet, I don't know. Just go!"— she got stressed and ran to see who it was as I ran to the bathroom, closing the door behind me.
I tried to hear the conversation.

Shit.
It was the cops. More than one.
I couldn't understand exactly what they were saying but I heard my name in the conversation, for sure.
Luckily they didn't ask to enter in the room and simply left.

"Jesus.."— Sarah murmured while opening the bathrooms's door for me.

"What did they want?"

"They are looking for you, remember when they saw me with you in the supermarket cameras?"

"Yeah?"

"They came to talk to me again, just to make sure, you know..."— she rolled her eyes.

"Make sure about what? That you're not literally hiding me in the bathroom?"— I laughed ironically.

"Well, something like that."

"I think they did a really bad job then."— I got out of the bathroom and started packing my things.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting out of this place."— I said with a whispering tone. I was still putting my messy clothes inside my bag.

"What? No you're not."— she grabbed my hands, stopping me.

"I'm not safe here, they literally came to the hotel to see if you knew about me. There's like a huge chance they'll find me here."

"Trust me. Stay here, but you need to promise you won't get out of the room."

"For a whole month?!"

"No, not a month of course. I've been planning something, I know what I'm doing. Just trust me."

"Okay..."

"Don't worry, I have a surprise for you very soon."— she hugged me.

"Oh? When?"

"I shouldn't be telling you since it's a surprise! But your birthday is coming. Just saying..."— she winked.

"Ohh? Now I'm excited."

"Believe me, you'll be even happier when you find out what it is."

"Stop making me so excited if you're not telling me."— I hit her arm playfully.

"Okay, okay."— she put her arms up. "I'll buy something to eat for dinner now, I'll be right back."

"Okay, sure!"— I laid on bed and grabbed my phone.

About an hour later Sarah entered and just threw a newspaper to the bed.
I looked at her and she seemed very serious but didn't say anything.

"What is it?"— I asked, looking up at her.

"Page three."— she simply answered.

I grabbed it and opened in the page she told me.

Now I was completely screwed, they knew I wasn't very far away from Finn's house, where they found me yesterday.
The big problem is that the house is something around half a mile from the hotel.
Besides, it was not only in the internet news, but it the newspapers and will probably appear in the television in less than a day.
I didn't say anything, just looked at her.

"I'll need to fix this..."— she wandered around.

"You don't have to, I don't want to involve you in this anymore."

"But we are so close to..."— she hit her forehead with her hand.

"Close to what?"

"The surprise Y/n, it's something really special. We can't give up now. Your birthday is in two days."

"Is it something THAT special?"

"It really is. I'll talk with the press, I'll need to make them stop publishing about this."

"Sarah, you'll lose your job! I'm almost eighteen, you should just make sure they don't find out you have been hiding me. When I turn eighteen they can't do anything about me."

"Well, I have a way of not losing anything..."