the last one

Today is my birthday, the first birthday out of my house, the first year I'm not with my family, not in my town.
I looked at the other side of the bed and instead of finding Sarah I came face to face with an empty cold sheet.

Where the hell was she?

I decided to call her.
Nothing.
I called one more time, and nothing again.
Did something happen?

The most frustrating thing was the fact I couldn't get out of the room.
Maybe I was just freaking out, she was probably alright.
But I called one more time and she hang up.

What was she doing?- I thought, frowning.

Then my phone vibrated and I received a message.

"4pm at N Beachwood Dr, 135. Bring your stuff"

Did she get kidnapped or something?
Well, all I could do was wait until it was time to go there so I put a timer just to make sure I wouldn't forget.
I started to think about my life and decisions, the melancholy led me to realize some things.
It made me realize it's hard to live by yourself, that we can find someone when and where we least think, that there is always someone who believes in you, you just don't know yet.

It made me realize I should have stayed at home until I was eighteen even though I had to go to school and everything but the anxiety of the situation I'm in right now wasn't worth it.
And now I look like an emo teen with blue hair, I kinda like it, it could have been worst...
The only thing I don't regret was coming to this hotel, where I met her. Sarah has been my biggest help.

I still don't believe in the fact this woman is spending her time with me, I'm so lucky I found her in the middle of nowhere but at the same time, in the middle of everything.

I don't know how we will end up, or if we will ever end.
I hope one day I have time to understand her better, 'cause I don't even have time to breathe now.
I hope one day I get to know more about her story, more than I already know, I've been feeling selfish for so long so now I just want to give her the attention she deserves.
I just want this to end.

My phone vibrated. It was time to go to the address.
I tied a ponytail and put my jacket on, then finally grabbed my bag and got out of the hotel.
As I stepped out, the wind felt soft in my face, like a feeling of freedom.
I was eighteen, my life was no one's business anymore. I wasn't scared of people, I was scared of being free again, it seemed weird for me. I felt so illegal.

As I arrived near the neighborhood, my mood totally changed, this place was amazing. The sun was shining, the wind shook the palm trees, it looked like a good place to live. I knew Los Angeles could be scary but I felt safe there.

Where was I even going?
I looked at the message again and turned into the big street where the address was supposed to be.

131, 132, 133, 134... 135!
There was the house.

It was big, the typical California architecture with a big garden made it look comfortable.
I really hope she didn't get in trouble and ended up in someone's house. The text she sent me didn't really prepare me for what could be coming.

My shaky hand rang the bell. And there was Sarah, standing in the door.
She smiled, now I knew everything was alright.
She opened her arms for me and I confusingly opened the gate and hugged her.

"Happy birthday, my love."— she whispered.

"Thank you, Sarah. Why are we here?"— I asked.

She grabbed my hand and led me inside the house.
I looked all around and wow. It was really luxurious, it was decorated with a classical style but with a pinch of beach vibes. I liked it.

"Welcome to our new house."— she held my shoulders.

"What?"— I turned to her. "What do you mean?"

"Remember I was moving to a new house? I'm glad I found you, now I won't be alone here."

"You don't have to, I mean, why would-"— she cut me off.

"It's your birthday. This is your gift."

"My gift? This is literally a hundred gifs at the same time!"

"And I'm not really worried about it."— she smiled.

"Oh my God, Sarah. I don't know what to say. Just... thank you so much! I will always be so grateful for this...and everything you did for me."

"You deserve it."— she grabbed my chin and packed my lips.

Tears already formed in my eyes. I couldn't believe she was doing this, I would be living with her, with Sarah...for the rest of my life.
I wasn't illegal anymore, we weren't.

"Well, I'll call my mother..."— I said.
Sarah nodded.

I took a deep breath and typed my mother's number in my phone, I didn't even have her number in this phone but now I didn't have to hide anymore.
I pressed the button.
After a few seconds she picked up.

"Mom?"

"Y/n? Is that you?"

"It's me..."

"Where have you been, are you okay?!"— this made me sad, I remember they still don't understand my side. I felt intoxicated in their house, in my city, all that environment made me sick and I don't they they will understand.
Maybe we needed more time to think, my parents and I.

"Mom, I'm okay. I found someone too.."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm happy with somebody."— I smiled to myself.

"What's his name?"

"Her name is Sarah."— and with that answer, I ended up the call and looked behind me to see the woman I loved standing in the doorway.

I ran to her arms and kissed her.
She held me close to her, grabbing my waist and then looking right into me.

I could see my future in her beautiful brown eyes and I just can tell you something: it was going to be brilliant.

__

Hey guys
This story ends here, I really hope you guys enjoyed it!
Thank you for reading <3

- Dye your hair blue and do everything you want, but just don't run away from home pls ;)