07 | strange

[📖]

september 19th 2022
4:05 pm

riki arrived first at the library only to find out the worst possible.

the library was closed.

what are the possibilities of the library being closed earlier than usual just when the two needed a place to study at.

"you're late"
riki said as he glanced at the girl who was peacefully walking towards him not caring about the time she made him wait.

as miki made it to the library she saw the note on the door.

"closed early due to sudden complications.
please come back tomorrow!"

miki groaned as she stared at the library door. out of all days why did it have to be today?

she tried to think of another place they could go to.
she hated studying at crowded places like cafés. she needed a quiet and peaceful place.
suddenly a thought popped into her head.
she felt it could be too sudden but she did want to help him and she couldn't think of a better place to go to.

"let's go to my place"

riki turned to her with a surprised expression. she invited him to her house?
to not make the situation any more difficult he decided to act calm and accept her offer.

after a short bus ride they hopped off and headed to miki's house.
they were walking in silence.
miki thought riki wasn't actually that bad,
if he only kept his mouth shut.

"how long till we're there?
we've been walking for ages"
riki whined as they had been walking for 10 minutes.

"shut up, nishimura.
it's your fault we took the wrong bus.
we'll just have to walk"

riki rolled his eyes as he was too tired to respond.
she was right after all.

as they finally arrived at her place, she started feeling nervous.
no one was home which left them alone in the house.
she knew her parents wouldn't be happy to find a stranger in their home.

"you can go upstairs to my room to get your books ready, i'll follow up soon"

riki did as told and headed upstairs opening the door of a room he assumed was hers.
he looked around her room out of curiousity.

"she has a lot of plushies"
riki thought out loud as he picked up a plushie that reminded him of her.
a red angry looking bird plushie.

riki could hear footsteps and he quickly threw the plushie on her bed and grabbed his books.

"okay, let's start with maths.
you seem to struggle with that quite a bit"
miki said as she sat at her table getting her books ready.

miki tried her best to explain the complicated topics to him as he listened and tried to understand.
but his mind was elsewhere.

and so were his eyes.
he was busy, looking at her.

he wondered how he had never noticed.
the beauty mark under her right eye,
her perfectly proportional features along with the pinkish tint on her cheeks.
she was breathtakingly beautiful.

he had grown to love her smile.
it was unfortunate for him as he had never experienced being the cause of it.
for as long as he could remember, all he had ever caused was for her happy expression to turn into an irritated frown the second he walked into a room.
oh how he wished for her to smile at him one day, even just once.
for him to be the cause of her happiness.

miki was too concentrated on her studying for her to notice the boy's admiring gaze on her.
however as time went on she grew a feeling of his eyes being on her.
she turned her head to his direction only to be met with his gentle gaze.
she felt strange.

riki was surprised to be met with her eyes.
but he didn't want to look away.
as they were looking at eachother in silence for a second he swore he saw something in her eyes. her often irritated gaze was replaced with a calm and gentle one.
he knew she felt it too, she had to.

their short eye contact was ended by miki quickly looking away.
she could feel her cheeks burning up.
she inched away from him afraid that he could hear her rapid heartbeat.

"we're home, miki!"
suddenly miki's father's voice could be heard downstairs.

the two panicked.
they didn't realize how fast the time went.

"quick, jump out the window!"
miki said quietly trying not to make any sound. she knew her parents and this would definitely get her grounded for weeks.

"what!? have you lost your mind?
i'm not jumping out of the window!"
riki whisper-shouted at her which caused her to throw his bag out of the window waiting for him to follow.

they could hear footsteps coming upstairs which left riki no other option than to jump and run for his life.

══════════════════

hope you enjoyed this chapter ♡

-mira