22 | i love you

[🍀]

november 24th 2022
4:20 pm

a month had passed since riki's father's death.
the boy had moved on quickly.
his father was never that present in his life so it was only natural for him to quickly accept his sudden absence that was now forever.
he didn't miss him, he missed the father he never really had.

riki often thought about their last interaction at the hospital.
whether his father's words were sincere or not they did bring the boy a sense of inner peace.
the lifelong fight between him and his father was finally over.

riki was lying down comfortably as the girl was seated next to him on her bed.
riki reached his hand to play with a strand of her hair as she was peacefully studying.

miki lifted her gaze from the book to look at the boy who was eyeing her with a sweet smile.
she had really grown to love that smile.
she couldn't focus on the book anymore as she threw it on the bed before jumping into the boy's arms.

riki chuckled as he wrapped his arms around the girl before kissing the top of her head.

"you never told me about that time you confronted my dad"
riki looked down at the girl as her eyes grew wide at the boy's sudden question.
how did he know?

"you know, he told me to never let you go"
riki smiled while looking at the girl in his arms.
she was the first person to show him what being loved and cared for feels like.
he couldn't imagine feeling this way about anyone else.
she was his everything.

miki smiled at the boy's words.
she didn't want to let go of him either.
he was special to her.
before him, miki felt like something in her life was missing.
the boy brought out things in her she didn't even know existed.
he made her feel things she didn't even know to be possible.

"so don't let go"

riki stared into the girl's eyes deeply.
he wasn't going to let go.
there wasn't anything the girl could do to make him let go of her.
because for him, she was the only thing that mattered.

her happiness was his reason to wake up.
the sight of her smile was the only thing making his life feel content.
even if the girl one day chose to leave him, he would still stand by her side.
that's how much she meant to him.

"i think i'm in love with you, lee miki"
riki said while stroking the girl's hair as he was looking at her with eyes full of all the love he felt for her.

miki could feel her heart skipping a beat at the boy's words as she felt an overwhelming sensation under his gaze.
the feeling was so new to her, but she was sure of it.

riki began to feel nervous as the girl was only staring back at him with a frown.

suddenly she buried her face into his neck before mumbling her answer.
"i love you too, nishimura"

riki felt the euphoric feeling taking over him as he quickly got up from the bed, causing the girl to hit her head on the wall behind her.
"ow- what was that for!?"

riki was smiling at the girl brightly while having a questioning look in his eyes.

"repeat what you just said"
riki said while he was eagerly waiting for the girl to say the words again.

"no, stop with this and get back here!"
miki was getting flustered by the boy's attempt of making her repeat the words that took a lot of courage for her to say out loud.

riki rushed to tickle the girl to tease her as he kept urging her to say the words.

miki tried dodging the boy's hands as she was laughing uncontrollably.
"yah, stop! i hate you!"

riki stopped at the girl's words before faking a hurt expression as he inched closer to the girl's face.
"but didn't you just love me 5 minutes ago?"

miki cupped the boy's cheeks before planting a quick peck on his lips.
"i love you, idiot"

══════════════════

hope you enjoyed this chapter ♡

-mira