13 | happy

[🌱]

october 1st 2022
10:20 am

riki woke up to the sound of loud music coming from the kitchen.
he sat up groggily while squinting his eyes and gathering the strength to get up.

he dragged himself towards the kitchen only to find the girl jumping around to the music happily while making breakfast.
oh how he wished he could wake up to this every morning.

"nice moves"
riki yelled through the loud music startling the girl who was oblivious to his presence.

"oh, you're awake"
miki said before hurrying to turn down the volume of the music before going back to cook the food.

riki smiled at the girl's state as she was struggling to cook the breakfast.

riki scooted closer to her to offer some help as she was almost burning the food.

"here, let me help"

miki moved slightly to make room for the boy as he took the pan, trying to save the half burned food.

miki was watching him as he was concentrated on saving the food.
she looked up slightly to see his face.
he was very attractive.
miki had always been aware of the boy's outstanding looks.
it was partially the reason that drove her to disliking him in the first place, along with
his not so attractive personality that always outshined his outer beauty in her eyes.

but lately miki's been feeling confused as they've gotten closer.
now that she got to see new sides of him, she's started finding him less and less irritating.
she has started to enjoy spending time with him.

"can you pass me the salt?"
riki asked as he was still in the middle of saving their breakfast.

miki was too deep in her thoughts to hear him.
she only kept staring at the boy's face in deep concentration.

riki turned his head to look at the girl as she wasn't responding.
he was trying to stay calm as their faces were inches away from eachother.
he was looking at her eyes as she was staring at his face with a slight frown.
suddenly she brought her hand up to his face to touch his chin.

"i never noticed you had this"
miki said as she was tracing the beauty mark on his chin with her thumb.

riki's world stopped once again.
as she was caressing his chin gently, he could feel his breath getting unsteady.
he couldn't move as he was looking at her.
moving his gaze from her eyes to her hand that was still holding his chin.

suddenly miki snapped from her trance as she looked at her hand that was holding the boy's chin.
her eyes grew wide as she realized what had happened.
she looked up only to meet the boy's slightly red face.
they stared at eachother's eyes for a brief moment before miki quickly pulled her hand away and moved away from the boy.

"uhh, i'll use the bathroom"
miki said quickly before running up the stairs and disappearing.

riki stood still as he was still trying to process what had happened.
he was taking deep breaths as he was trying to calm his heartbeat and his mind.

he was quickly startled as the fire alarm turned on.
riki turned to look at the food that was cooking on the pan.
it was now completely burned and spreading smoke across the kitchen.

miki ran downstairs at the sound of the alarm.
she ran to the kitchen only to find the boy with a smoking pan in his hand.

the two decided to head to the store to get breakfast as their earlier attempt at making it didn't turn out succesful.

they were walking towards the park with their store bought breakfast.
they found a spot next to a tree as they sat down on the grass.

they were observing their surroundings while enjoying their breakfast in comfortable silence.

miki sighed happily as she finished her peach juice.
she was looking at the people who were passing by in the distance.
suddenly she could feel someone touching her hair.
she turned her head slightly to find riki playing with her hair.

"what are you doing?"
miki asked the boy who was moving around strands of her hair while smiling mischeviously.

"i'm styling your hair.
just wait, i'm sure you'll love it"

riki continued moving her hair around as he was creating the most atrocious hairstyle on the girl who was innocently waiting for the boy to be done.

when he was done with the hairstyle he quickly snapped a picture of the finished product before falling down on the grass while laughing hysterically.

miki turned around with a confused expression.
"yah, what are you laughing at"

she grabbed the phone from the ground to look at the picture the boy took.
she stared at the picture as she was trying to contain her growing anger.

the boy kept rolling on the grass as he was laughing at her hair that was now ruined.
miki stood up from the ground slowly while looking at him with a stoic expression.
the boy got up as he realized the girl wasn't laughing.

"YOU'RE DEAD NISHIMURA"
miki yelled before starting to chase the boy who was already running for his life.

the people were staring at the two as they were running through the park while riki's fearful screams could be heard far.

after a while of running riki stopped and turned around to catch the running girl in a hug.
miki tried to fight herself out of his embrace as he kept patting her back before speaking up.

"i'm sorry i ruined your hair"
riki said as he was trying to sound sincere while holding back his laugh.

miki pulled herself away as she was staring at the boy with an irritated expression.

"i think your hair looks amazing"
riki said before breaking into a fit of laughter as he was looking at the girl.

miki began chasing the boy again as loud screams were echoing through the park.
as they were running they could both feel a smile creeping up on their faces.
in that moment, they felt happy.
playing around like little kids.
miki chasing the boy as he was irritating her, just like old times.

this was the beginning to their new relationship.
their new life together as friends.
and the beginning of figuring out their growing feelings that they were starting to experience for eachother.

══════════════════

i really enjoyed writing this chapter hehee :3

hope you enjoyed this chapter ♡

-mira