09 | cute

[💡]

september 23rd 2022
2:30 pm

the boy was acting weird the next day at school.
he didn't greet her as they passed eachother in the hallways and he couldn't be seen sitting with the others at lunch.
miki felt like he was avoiding her.

miki sat down next to sunoo on a bench as they were taking a walk in the school garden.

"do you think nishimura's been acting weird today?"
miki desperately needed to know whether it was only her mind playing tricks on her or if the boy was really bothered by something.

"i don't know.
i haven't really seen him today.
i think that already is pretty odd"
sunoo replied as he stared ahead with a frown.

miki was confused.
the way he walked past her at the café to the way he's been avoiding everyone the whole day.
did something happen?

miki was standing in front of the library doors waiting for riki.
they had planned to have another tutoring session as their last one was cut short by miki's parents arriving.
he was already 10 minutes late.
miki grew tired of waiting and decided to go look for him.

as she was walking around the school she spotted the boy walking towards the school gates outside.

she ran outside to catch the boy.
"yah, nishimura!"

riki turned around at the sound of her voice.
standing before him was a red angry looking girl who was staring at him intensely through her now messy bangs.
she looked just like the plushie on her bed.
riki smiled at himself which made the girl voice out an even more irritated scream.

"you made me wait for your tutoring and here you are walking out without a care in the world!
along with that you've been avoiding everyone today"

"woah, calm down.
i've just had a busy day.
and about the tutoring, i thought that your boyfriend wouldn't like you spending time with another guy alone"
riki said as his happy expression turned into a serious one at the thought of the guy from yesterday.

miki was once again confused.
where did he get the idea of her having a boyfriend?

"boyfriend? what are you talking about"

riki frowned as he wondered if he had read the situation wrong.

"the guy from yesterday, i assumed he's your boyfriend"

miki grimaced at the boy's words before letting out a stifled laugh.

"you mean heesung? my cousin, lee heesung?"

riki's face flushed red as he realized the situation.
how could he just assume something like that?
he felt embarassed.

miki tried to hold in her laughter as she thought of the assumption the boy made about her cousin.
she looked at the boy's red face that was turning more confused by the second.
she found the boy cute.

"cute"
miki accidentally thought out loud before she quickly averted her gaze away from the boy, hoping that he didn't hear her.

riki tried to hold back his smile as he looked at the girl's flustered state.
he did in fact hear her.
he heard her very well.

attempting to shake away the growing awkwardness riki grabbed the girl's wrist as he started running out of the school gates.

"forget the tutoring, let's go get ice cream"

miki followed behind the boy as she was being dragged towards the ice cream parlor near the school.
she couldn't hold back her smile as she looked at the boy's excited expression.
for the first time, he made her smile.

══════════════════

this chapter was indeed cute :')♡

hope you enjoyed this chapter ♡

-mira