006

The man standing in front of him looked family, almost a little too familiar

The man standing in front of him looked family, almost a little too familiar. It made his stomach turn, he couldn't remember. He really couldn't remember the man in front of him.

He could feel something in his chest starting to hurt. Who was this man? Why did he have this effect on him?

"I don't know who you're talking about" he said, blankly. He was trying his hardest to stop the conversation and to get this person away from him as soon as possible.

"I'm sure I'm not mistaken sir, Na Jaemin lives here" he said, trying to look into the apartment. Jeno closed the door a bit, not allowing the man in front of him to look further into the house.

"Listen, I'm not sure who you are, but there is no one named Na Jaemin here. And there has never been" he said, slamming the door in front of him, not allowing the other to say anything else.

He let out a sigh, the heaviness in his chest leaving for a few moments. He placed a hand over his chest, that uneasy feeling still in there as he tried to even out his breath. Something was up.

"Jen, who was that?" He heard Renjun ask as he came over to the door. Jeno instantly got in front of it, stopping the shorter one from stepping closer to the door. "It was no one, they were asking about someone named Luó Zàimín or something" he said.

Renjun looked at him weirdly, "That's Jaemin?" he said almost in a question like manner. Jeno stared at him in disbelief, he dug this hole deeper for himself. He really needed to get him away from the door, the person behind it wasn't a good person.

He could feel it.

Renjun stepped closer, but Jeno didn't budge. In fact, he grew more protective on covering the door as the other leaned in to grab the door knob.

"Renjun please, there's nothing to see here, please go away" Jeno said, hoping he would listen.

"Jeno we can't just not let Jaemin know about this, what if that someone is important. It could be his landlord for all you know" Renjun said, trying to reason with him. Jeno shook his head, putting his hands on Renjun's shoulders.

"Please, listen to me. I don't trust whoever is behind that door. They give me a bad vibe" he said, looking at him worriedly. This instantly worried Renjun.

He reached out to cup one of Jeno's cheeks, as he looked deep into his eyes. It was almost if there was nothing behind them, he had forgotten Jeno was dead. His eyes just made him look lifeless, it hurt Renjun knowing he didn't get to meet such an amazing person while they were still alive.

A single tear rolled down his cheek and his other hand reached up to caress Jeno's hair.

"Oh Jen, what did they do to you?" He asked, playing with Jeno's hair, as he looked at the others eyes. The dark lifeless orbs captivating him into wanting to know more about the boy.