Afternoon Tea

Dick's POV

I put the kettle on the stove and heat it up, it's mine and Wally's weekly tea date at Wayne Manor. Alfred baked us macaroons and cookies and I happily placed them neatly in the library.

I'm excited for today's date, I have some news to tell Wally and hopefully he'll take it well. It's not the most exciting news ever but it's news.

I hear the kettle whistle and I take it off the stove, pouring the hot water in the cups with tea bags in it. I take the cups to the library and set them on the table's gently and right as I sit down Wally appears in the chair next to mine.

I smile and chuckle, I don't think Wally would ever miss one of our tea days, probably because Alfred bakes for us.

"Hey." Wally smiles at me.

"Hey." I respond back, Wally puts two sugar cubes and milk in his tea while I put only one sugar cube. We pick up our teas and sip it, the warm drink flowing into our bodies. It's very relaxing.

Wally grabs a macaroon and eats it happily as he looks at me. "So, you have any news?"

"Actually I do." I set my cup down and look at Wally.

"OoOo~ Spill, is it a lover?" Wally asks teasingly. I roll my eyes.

"Wally you're my lover so no it's not that. It's actually about Bruce.."

"Did something happen?" Wally sets his cup down and looks at me with some worry on his face. Wally can jump to conclusions sometimes and he and Bruce always don't get along.

"He gave me this." I hand Wally an opened letter from out of my pocket and bite my lip as he opens it up, reading it.

Wally gasps then quickly gets up, hugging me tightly. "Oh my god Dick seriously?! He's really adopting you to be his son?! Like seriously?!"

I chuckle at his reaction and hug back. "Yeah, I'm officially going to become Richard Grayson-Wayne."

"Dude that's so exciting! I'm so happy for you!" Wally practically vibrates with how excited he is for me, I'm just glad he's taking the news so well.

"Wait a minute...does that mean Batman will be my father-in-law in the future?" Wally looks at me with horror and I bust out laughing, jeez I can't even with him sometimes.

"Dude that's not funny! That's scary!" Wally laughs with me and hugs me tighter, after we both calm down from our laughing fits he smiles softly at me.

"But seriously Dick, I'm so happy for you, I know you've wanted this for a while now."

I smile back and grab his hand gently. "Thanks Wally, that means a lot coming from you."

After a few moments we separate and go back to drinking our tea.

"So, any other news?" Wally asks softly.

"Usnavi had sex with Yolanda."

"No me diga!"

Hi hi, Zunblo here, been a while since I uploaded. Sorry this chapter's so short but at least it's something right? (Also if you get the reference you get a Piragua ;)) Anyway hope you enjoyed and have a great day/night!

If you have any comments or stuff you liked to see more of please comment!