Camera

Previously on "The welcome party"

"May I have the next dance?" Angela knew that voice, that look so much she hated it. It was Lisa...

                                 Angela

Silence takes hold until a new song comes along.

"Angela." Andres reaches out his hand, awaiting mine, while my eyes still sit on Austin.

"I'll have this dance." He says this as he gives a nod to Austin and Lisa, as though saving me from a drama that I wouldn't be able to escape.

"Uh-" before I could agree. Austin grips my arm painfully as we still stand before one another while Lisa and Andres stand beside us.

I whined softly while trying to pull my arm away from him. Andres is bound to pull me off him, but Diana comes.

"Is there a problem here?" Diana walks towards us with a horrid smile as she asks questions. How annoying of her to be this fake.

"No." I slightly pull my arm away from Austin's tight grip. "They're having the next dance." I smile as I take Andres's hand. I could feel Austin's eyes burn through my back as I walked away.

I dance with Andres, trying my very best to get distracted from seeing Lisa and Austin dance. I get tipsy by the second from the drinking we had earlier until I'm drunk.

My chest stinks each time he pulls her closer to his chest, and I swear I could hear her giggle, even though it's most likely not possible from the distance we shared.

"You're drunk." Andres states the obvious as he stares into my soul. I hadn't noticed that his emerald eyes had printed on my skin until he spoke, and that bothered me. He has pretty eyes; I want to watch them, but I can't.

"And distracted." I was. I was distracted, and I hated it. Andres was beautiful; he was sure one to look at, so why couldn't my drunken state believe that? Why look at Austin? ' He's not even all that, I lie.

"Uhm." I manage to stare at Andres for a brief second before staring back at Austin and his fangirl, only to see Austin looking right back at me as he twirls her around carefully. The pain stinks in my chest yet again as my throat runs dry.

A waitress with a tray of drinks passes by Andres and me. My conscious attempts to convince me not to but my hands are already curled around one of the glasses as I let Andres adjust me from our dancing.

"I'm sorry..." I manage to gulp the random liquor down my throat like an alcoholic as he tries to grasp the glass from my hand.

"Could you stop?" He exhales heavily in annoyance with me to mumble in plead for another glass.

"Hahaha!!" Loud laughter interrupted the soothing music; it was Jane and Summer. Everyone set their eyes on them in response to the loud yelling.

They were as drunk as I was. "We should definitely go over to them." I suggested as I walked towards them without giving Andres an opportunity to speak.

"Did you feed us edibles?" Summer gave a stern look to Jane, awaiting an answer.

"Edibles?!" I slightly raised my voice. Oh no, that's why I was like this; it wasn't just alcohol, for sure.