Your world

Previously on "Burnt scar"

Angela

What if the only way not to feel bad is to stop feeling anything at all, forever? I stroll out of the bathroom with an awful feeling that stings my chest each time I breathe. I'm weak to my knees, and I can't help but tear up.

"We need to talk about last night." Diana speaks behind me, making me stop in my tracks with weary eyes.

I stay silent, studying her expression, which resembles hatred. I slightly sniff, pushing the tears away from the corner of my eye.

"Why aren't you saying anything?!" She harshly stomps her way to me to finally get the attention she so badly needs from me.

Kimberly's footsteps are heard as she strolls down the stairs with no shame. I don't expect her to feel remorse, but she is my sister, and so I still expected something.

"She's still here?" I dryly chuckled at Kimberly's question.

"She can leave after she formally apologizes for the shenanigan she pulled last night." Diana looks back at me from head to toe and right back to my head with awful judgment.

You know what?

Maybe my dreams aren't so bad after all. I prefer them to the reality that stands before me. I lose my trail of thought, and I suddenly think of my parents.

"Angela!"

"Why don't we all just leave Angela alone?" Austin appears out of nowhere, probably because I'm not even present on the occasion that centers around me.

I notice Diana's jaw clenched as she questions Austin with just a glimpse.

"I should leave."

"I think I've done enough just by taking my diary." I softly whisper with a lump in my throat.

"I-" I try to speak once more, but everything is a blur. I can no longer see clearly, as though I were blind within a second. I rub my eyes roughly until my body fails to stand. I hit the floor afterwards.

The wind is harsh and roars loud enough to give my skin wild patches that spread. The ocean runs back and forth with rage, and I am once again dumbfounded.

I sigh, trying to ignore the panic in my chest. I looked ahead, and I met with a couple. It's a man and woman who walk towards me. The woman's brown hair resembles the sun's rays, and her skin is identical to the man beside her, who has golden eyes.

My mother and father.

I stay still, afraid to watch the illusion pass me by. They giggle as they swing their hips at each other. I fall to my knees slowly, watching them carefully and silently praying for them to not fall into anguish like all my other dreams.