My diary

Angela

"Prove it." What was the worst that could happen? The boy before me squinted his eyes in amusement.

He was an illusion in a dream, my dream. One that I have power to destroy and get rid of whenever I feel like it.(Even my own lies couldn't convince me just enough to get rid of the man who stood before me.)

"Prove that you're not asleep?" He speaks as though it's nothing.

"Yes. That." I hesitate despite actually wanting evidence for what torments me me every now and then.

He attempts to step closer to me but I take steps back endlessly.

"Read your notebook, Angela. Till then I'll prove to you."  He advises as the surrounding fades away and so does he. I feel my eyes shift within the sheets to print above my skin.

"You've been asleep for over 14 hours." Jane utters in rasp and mess. She has make-up smudged all over her face with a t-shirt that seems a bit too familiar.

It's my favorite shirt.

"What are you- why are you-" I sigh in frustration with a tight grip to my head that aches at each word I utter.

"I know. Why am I wearing your shirt, why am I here and what happened last night? Sooo many questions!" She exclaims dramatically with laughter.

"Haejang (hangover) soup is ready!" I could hear Hardin's voice from the kitchen with Summer's laughter to spill onto to his chatter.

"All of you are here!" I groan into my pillow.

"Correct! Now get up." Jane says as she dances her way out of my room. I hesitantly get up and cup my hand over my mouth to sniff my horrid breath that resembles the smell of everything I consumed with a pinch of morning breath.

I don't have time to sip Hardin's good soup because all that trails through my mind is getting my hands on the diary that once belonged to me.

I had left it at Diana's when I went away, I think. I groan in annoyance at how I barely have any memory of it.

I put my morning gown on and walk over to my spoilt kitchen with Hardin and Summer. They swing their hips at eachother with music to play along whilst Jane scolds them.

She watches her food get hovered over by them and pinches her eyes in exasperation. My eyes stay still, watching love unfold before my eyes. Summer and Hardin love eachother rot and yet they just never know it.

It is bittersweet to watch how they lay eyes on eachother without even knowing it. Eyes that resemble "I'd do anything for you." Only an outsider could read the eyes of love, they never do and it's a pity.

I head to the bathroom, leaving them occupied to their flirting and Jane's whinning about starving. I stare into my reflection through the bathroom mirror that has tons of cracks and scars.