Chapter 18: ...What..?

Stu's POV:

This did not go as planned. 

I look down at them, admiring the way their hair framed their face.

Holy shit they're really hot. 

I mentally kick myself.

Now is NOT the time for this, someone could've heard them screaming. 

I throw them over my shoulder, retreating into the forest nearby. 

I can't bring them back to the house, Billy would kill both of us. I can bring them to the shack I found..? Yeah, that's what I'll do. 

I navigate through the forest, trying to remember the path to the old shack I had found a couple weeks earlier. I'm careful to make sure none of the tree branches hit phantom, not wanting to make them any more scared of me than they already are. 

Good going dumbass, using 'ghost' as an allias? What a stupid idea.

I shake off those thoughts, trudging deeper into the overgrown greenery. 

.

.

.

There it is. 

The old shack comes into view at last. The broken windows and graffitied outer walls make it pretty hard to miss. I re-adjust my grip on phantom, and head toward the abandoned building. When I get to the entrance, I jerk the doorknob to the right, opening the door quickly. In the middle of the room lies an old couch, I plop phantom down on it, taking a seat beside them.  I let out a groan, running my fingers through my hair. I look down at them sleeping, and a small smile creeps up on my face.

Cute. 

They're gonna be so mad when they wake up. 

Y/n's POV:

Ugh, my head. 

I sit up, wiping at my eyes. I peer around the room, vision still blurry.

This doesn't look like my apartment...

I turn my head to the right, meeting the eyes of Stu Macher. I let out a yell, trying to get away from him. He grabbed my wrist quickly, putting his other hand over my mouth.

" Jesus, will you shut up?" He sighed out, shaking his head wearily. " Listen I know what you're thinking, but I promise I'm not going to hurt you, alright?" 

Like hell you won't. 

He notices my glaring and rolls his eyes.

" Look, if I wanted to hurt you, don't you think I would've done it by now? I'm not as evil as everyone makes me out to be. I didn't even want to hurt those girls." He trailed off. I squint at him, not fully believing his words.

" Listen, I'll remove my hand from your mouth, but you've gotta promise not to scream, alright?" He slowly takes his hand away from my mouth. I'm about to scream, to see if anyone could hear me, when I notice the gun resting near him on the couch. I keep quiet. He gives me a smile.

" See, I'm not so bad."

" Tell that to the people you murdered." I shoot back. He cringes at my words. Some small part of me feels bad for saying that, but I push it deep down inside of me. 

" I thought I told you-"

" I don't care what you 'told me', those poor people's families are grieving, their children died, and for what?"

He balls his hands into fists.

" WHY DO YOU ONLY CARE WHEN IT'S ME. WHY DOESN'T IT MATTER WHEN JD DOES IT?!"

".....What..?"