I love the early days

I drive to work on this glorious Monday morning.
I have my music blearing out of the speakers and I'm singing along.
I know I am getting some weird looks from the guy opposite me as we sit and the traffic lights but who gives a fuck?. I'm happy. Don't piss on my fire!.

I pull into the garage forecourt and scan the row of cars parked up.
I see that familiar black Volvo parked at the end.
I smile and get a fluttering feeling in my stomach.

I grabbed my lunch bag and walk into the workshop and straight to the lunch room

I saw a body standing there. I knew them shoulders and that hair. It is the person that makes me weak at the knees.

"Good morning" I chirped as he swung round.

The biggest grin was on his face. He tilted his head to one side and brushed the hair out of his face.

"Good morning gorgeous" he replied back. "How was your weekend?".

"I felt like I was floating on air" I laugh.

He laughed with me and then put his finger to his lips.

"I've made you a coffee, just how you like it" he said, handing me a full mug.

I took a sip, instantly feeling warm all over.

"You are definitely a keeper" I laughed and gave him a cheeky wink like the one he always gives me.

I turn and walk to my office. I smell a familiar scent of lillies.

I look and there is a huge bunch of white and yellow lillies standing on the table in a vase, next to one of the armchairs.

"I saw them and thought of you" I hear a voice behind me.

I turn and Gerard is standing there with a big soppy grin on his face.

"I remember my interview and that the whole room smelt of lillies" he carried on. "That smell will always remind me of when we first met"

I walk towards him and gave him a big hug. Fighting the urge not to give him a big kiss and push him up against the wall.

Today is starting out to be a good day indeed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mid afternoon and I have finally finished all my paperwork and invoices for today.
Finalising all the bills for today's customers and then I will be done.

A head pops round the door

"Hey, I've just finished servicing the Fiat outside so you can call the customer" chirps Gerard

"Brilliant, I will call Mr Parker and tell him that it's ready to pick up" I replied

Cool and calm, acting like nothing happened Friday night.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?. Did you want to go out with me Friday night?. Like a proper date, just me and you?"
Asked Gerard

"That sounds fantastic " I replied to him. "I will let you surprise me and pick the restaurant "

He smiled, stuck his thumb up to me and said "7pm, you're on!".

I laughed as he disappeared around the door.
Let's just hope I will still be laughing in a nice restaurant on Friday and not sitting in McDonalds with a Big Mac and fries.

That's the type of joker he is. Although there isn't anything wrong with McDonalds. I do enjoy the odd strawberry milkshake every now and again.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I hear a knock at the door. I look at my watch. 6:45pm. Wow he is very eager tonight.

I look through the peephole and see Gerard breathing into his hand, smelling it and then nodding to himself

I giggle to myself and then open the door

"Good evening Sir, step inside. You are early" I say with a grin.

He smiles as he steps inside and closes the door after him.

"Take a seat on the sofa, I won't be too long" I shout at him as I run into the bedroom to grab a jacket.

I take one last look at myself in the mirror.

Check that my buttons are done up on my black trousers. I have teamed them with a red cami vest top for this evening and then I can wear my black suit jacket on top.
I quickly pop on a black choker necklace and grab my bag.

I walk through and Gerard rises from the sofa.
He's wearing dark black trousers and a nice dark striped shirt. His hair is relaxed and falling in front of his face. Just the way I like it.
I can smell his scent of faint vanilla mixed with a woody aroma. It gives the senses in my nose a relaxing feeling.

Wow, my date is extremely handsome. Handsome and incredibly hot!

"So, where are you taking me Mr Way?" I ask

"You will just have to wait till we arrive" he chuckled back at me. "I can't give away all my surprises"

We head out the door and down the path to his car, parked on the side of the road.
He holds the door for me again and I climb in.

He starts the engine and a song is playing over the radio.

I recognise the band as Suede. An old 90s band from the UK.
The song is called 'Beautiful Ones'.

"I haven't heard this song for so long" I said, nodding my head to the beat

"It's a classic!" He replies. "This is one of my favourite songs".

I remember him telling me how he loved all the old UK bands like Suede, Blur and Oasis. I often hear him whistling some of his favourites as he is working on cars in the workshop. It makes me smile that he is happy.

'High on diesel and gasoline
Psycho for drum machine
Shaking their bits to the hits, oh'

I smile as we start to drive down the road, singing to the chorus as we travel.
I look over and Gerard is joining in

'Here they come
The beautiful ones
The beautiful ones
La, la, la, la'