Epilogue

A year has past, and what a year it has been.

Me and Gerard have bought a house together. We now have a three bedroom house just outside the city. We needed the extra room for the little body that we brought into the world.

Daisy Lee Way was born in September, all 6lb 4oz of her.
It was an easy birth, well for me it was. Gerard got a bit queasy when it came to her arrival and nearly passed out on the hospital floor.
Luckily a strong nurse was there to catch him and he didn't miss her being laid on to my chest.

That was 8 months ago. She is now a plump little child with a smile that can melt even the coldest of heart.

Daisy and Gerard are inseparable. She has now started to say "Dada" which he absolutely loves because he jokes that she love him more than me!.

They sit and watch cartoons together in the evening before her bedtime. I think that is mostly for the joy of Gee as Daisy often falls asleep on him and he is still watching an hour later.

He's been working on his comic book in his spare time. He has turned the spare bedroom into his drawing studio.
He has let me have a look at his work a few times and it's really good. Hopefully it will get picked up and published. That would be his dream.

He's still working at the garage. I work there two days a week but the rest of the time, I'm home with Daisy.
Harry has taken a step back and semi- retired so Gerard has a lot more responsibility with everything. He even hired an apprentice to work under him and help out with the work load.

We have now started planning our wedding which will be in the summer next year.
We want a low key ceremony so a nice outdoor space is the perfect spot that we are looking for. We have narrowed it down to three places but can't decide as they are all so beautiful.

Gerard has gained his confidence again with driving after the accident.
It took some time but he has mentally and physically healed from that part in his life. He did have a few sessions with a therapist which really helped.

The guys come round on weekends. They all have girlfriends now and bring them round so we can all gather together.
Mikey absolutely loves his little niece.
Frank loves the new BBQ that Gerard had installed.
He demands that he is the one that cooks and no one is to touch his burgers until they are ready.

Their girlfriends are really nice and we all get along. I'm particularly close with Mikey's girlfriend Rosie. We have a lot in common.  I see them all settling down soon and starting families of their own. It really is a wonderful atmosphere when we all get together.

Gerard has talked about trying for another baby but I think it would be wise to get the wedding out of the way first before bringing another Way into the family. I don't really want to be pregnant on our wedding day either.

Life couldn't be more better.

I wake up every morning and sit on the sofa, drinking my coffee while I watch Daisy play with her toys.
Sometimes Gee sits on the floor with her and brings out his old wrestling figures or batman toys. She seems to like them, especially when Gee does the voices to the characters.
Hearing her giggle at him is just so heartwarming.

I do wonder what my life would of been like if I had never invited Gerard to the interview that day. Never gone out to The Showbar and never accepted to go on a date with him.

What if I had lost him in the accident, bringing up Daisy by myself. I don't think my life would feel as happy and complete as it does now.

Gerard has change my world around for the better. Sometimes you just have to take that chance. You never know what is around the corner.

Once Daisy is in bed at night, me and Gerard cosy up on the sofa, grab some snacks and watch old movies from the 70's and 80's.
We talk about the future and think about all the exciting things we have planned.

We sit there with a wedding planner and folder. It was Gerard's idea. He likes to be organised I also thought it would be nice for him to add some input.

"Have you gone dress shopping yet for that special gown?" He asks.

"Not yet, I plan to do that next week so I have some time to find the perfect one" I reply to him.

"Well I phone the florist and put in the order for the white daisy centerpieces" he explains.
I left him in charge of cake and flowers.
God only knows what flavour cake we will have. Probably chocolate. That's his and Daisy's favourite.

"What about wedding underwear?. Are you going to get some?" He smiles and gives me a wink.

I give him a wink back. "Who says I will be wearing any under my dress" I laugh at him.

He gasps and cheekily nudges my arm with his elbow. "You are such a big tease. If I was to know you were naked all day under that dress, I'd find it hard to keep my hands off you"

"Maybe that is my plan Mr Way" I giggle. I really know how to get him hot under the collar.

He moves the folder and planner to one side and grabs my face gently with both hands. He kisses me, his lips and tongue exploring my mouth.

"I can't wait to marry you" he says, in between kisses. "then I can seduce you any time I want"

I reply. "Why wait, why don't you show me now"

He smiles and kisses me harder.