(23) The Invasion

Arthur Leywin POV

I was currently at Etistin bay. It was noon, and the sun was just above our heads, providing a warm shelter against the cool winter winds. The waves rumbled, as they crashed into each other. The beach that was previously obliterated, courtesy of a certain legacy, I had to remake the land from scratch. It was an extremely tedious work, as forming natural landscapes and land was almost impossible using aether.

I looked around to see hundreds of ships, and a few air carriers. Nico had done an extremely good job replicating the air carriers, though it could currently carry only four people including the pilot.

When I announced the invasion, Nico told me he had something important to talk about. Turns out he had prepared this in advance to shock me. They were based on the same principle as the first plane made by the Wright Brothers in my previous world.

He had designed and made his own propellers, aided by the use of his own wind tunnel which he also designed and built himself. The propellers worked as rotating wings; their spinning motion produced a horizontal lift that pushed the plane through the air. The propellers were still to be rotated manually.

However this could give us a massive advantage. I spotted Regis walking over to me. Once he arrived he started humming and just stood without saying anything. I glanced over to him as I spotted his gaze trailing off from me to the distant waves. He surely has something to say but for some reason he's hesitating, which is so unlike him. Usually, he'd just spout whatever nonsense he has in that vulgar brain of his. His silence and hesitation meant only one thing; He's about to say something that will blast my brains due to anger.

*fuuuuu*

I inhaled and exhaled some air, readying myself for whatever weird idea he had come up with.

"Ehmm, so uhhh, Arthur?" Regis finally broke the ice

"Hmmm? Yeah what's up?" I asked, acting ignorant of the fact that I knew he had something to talk about.

"Well, you see, seeing these aircraft made me realise something." He said acting like he was about to say something extremely serious as his voice became garve.

"Go on." I said, my interest getting piqued despite knowing in the end I'll just be yelling at him and beating the living crap out of him.

"Now that we have these aircrafts, why don't you make some nukes? You know like just bomb the hell out of them." He said, his legs already in a defensive stance.

I mentally face-palmed myself. What else was I expecting? But the idea wasn't bad at all. However the downsides to doing this were also a lot. However I wanted to hear what he had to offer, so pretended to like the idea.

"Let's say I approve of that. How are you going to make nukes? We've already introduced much technology from my old world already. I don't want this place to be like my old world. The cost for this is going to be astronomical too. Unless you have something already prepared I don't see this plan being of any use."

Regis clasped his hands, like an excited child ready to show his good grades to his parents and took out a bottle but made out of a material I didn't know.

"Now this, my oh-so ignorant master, is destruction" he said, raising the bottle to his eye level, and holding it like some sacred item.

"Oooooookay? So?"

"I mean it's literally destruction."

"......"

"Come on give some reaction damn it."

"Well nuke is supposed to be destructive"

"No..... ughhh" he groaned "wait lemme demonstrate. Create an aether field around us and conjure a sturdy looking bunker. The strongest you can make."