chapter two: how the tables have turned

↳ ❝ [TAG, YOU'RE IT] ¡! ❞
CHAPTER 2.
by notanotherwinchester

WHEN ATHENA HAD AWOKE, all she could focus on was the pain she felt in her body. She was tied up to the kitchen table chair, back at their house. The house reeked of blood and her sibling's corpses, making her gag. 

Her head pounded as she made eye contact with Michael, who sat across the table from her. He had food laid out in front of him as he munched on what looked like chicken. He always was a cook.

That was the only humane part of her brother she had seen that night. But that thought got completely thrown out the window once Michael outstretched his hand towards her.

Burning, shooting pain shot through her as she screamed. She couldn't focus on anything but the pain as her body shook with trembles, her forehead sweating. She made eye contact with her older brother as she panted, and the words her sister had told her rang through her head.

════ ════ ════⋆★⋆ ════ ════ ════

"You have amazing power, Athena. You could kill Michael by yourself if you truly wanted to. But you have to trigger it. Focus on your emotions, and never stop fighting back. Okay?"

Athena looked up at her brother and glared at him as hard as she could. She wiggled her hands that were tied behind her back, to loosen the rope. She had one wrist out, and then the other. Yet, she acted as if she was still tied up. She needed an escape plan. She looked around the room at each exit and thought through every plan.

Go out the dining room door? He gets up and throws you again.

Go out the back door? He beats you to it and kills you.

Go through the dining room door and run up the stairs to your room, then jump out the window? Bingo.

Athena looked at her brother as he swallowed his food and motioned his fork in the direction of the exits.

"Don't even try to escape. I've locked everything up." He said, making all hope Athena had of surviving this night diminish.

Athena had another plan though. As her brother ate, she forced tears out. She remembers everything that had happened to her family because of him, and pure hatred ran through her veins. Athena threw the rope off her and stood up quickly, shooting her hand out at Michael. Michael merely raised an eyebrow and got up calmly, walking around the table with his hands behind his back to meet her.

All of the young girl's hope had officially diminished and she collapsed against the chair in pure exhaustion. Michael finally met her and stopped in front of her chair, placing his hand on her cheek to rub her tears away. Athena smacked his hand away and glared at him.