phase two, chapter seven: why do people always lie?

↳ ❝ [TAG, YOU'RE IT] ¡! ❞
PHASE TWO, CHAPTER 7.
by notanotherwinchester

3102 words

❦"BULLSHIT!" Athena muttered angrily under her breath as she sat in the rainbow room, waiting once again — for Brenner to give instructions on what they were to do

"BULLSHIT!" Athena muttered angrily under her breath as she sat in the rainbow room, waiting once again — for Brenner to give instructions on what they were to do.

While she waited for the old fuck, she played a game with El. This was a daily thing for the two. Meet up in the rainbow room, then play any of the games. Somedays, Athena would teach her how to draw - and other days, Peter would have to teach her how to play certain games.

Athena and Peter were... acquaintances. They acted civil with each other around El, for her sake, but when they were alone, they bantered and argued a lot. It also didn't help that Athena loved to argue with people she found annoying, and Peter fit right in. Day after day, the two would fight and argue about the littlest things. It had gotten so bad one day that Brenner had come in between them, telling them to stop acting like a married couple and do their jobs. The brunette witch's cheeks had heated up in embarrassment and she looked away from the composed-as-ever Peter.

And while they had argued a bunch and purposely went out of each other's ways to recklessly annoy the other, Athena was sure they were at least friends. Peter was an enjoyable person to talk to when he didn't let his ego take over or tried to remain in control in every situation possible. So, she dealt with his rude remarks and his ridiculously attractive face.

Peter stood next to the door and Brenner was nowhere to be seen. One of the guards walked up to him, whispering something in his ear to which he nodded. He suddenly got up from his resting position and headed in the direction of El and her. Athena groaned and rubbed her eyes with her hands. When could she ever catch a break?

The blonde sent her an apologetic smile before telling her she needed to come with him. She nodded and apologized to El before following after her greek god out of the room.

They walked side by side, which they did every day. Brenner had put the two together to rotate to the different rooms each day, claiming: "You two will learn to tolerate each other and get closer." It sort of worked, surprisingly. All she had to do was keep quiet and focus on the walls surrounding them, it was easy.

Until it wasn't. The blonde greek god beside her had gotten aggravated by her annoying pestering on where they were going and shoved her against the wall. Peter looked both ways, to scout if any guard was nearby, before concluding nobody was. Athena's jaw clenched as his head whipped around to face her. He grabbed her arms, lightly squeezing them and keeping her trapped between him and the wall. The tension was rough, and the air was hot. She shifted her leg, accidentally hitting his ray of sunshine down there, making her apologize quickly.

Peter's jaw clenched tightly and his eyes sharply stared at her. His eyes had darkened, his eyebrows furrowing and his adam's apple bobbing in his neck as he gulped.