chapter six: walkman

↳ ❝ [TAG, YOU'RE IT] ¡! ❞
CHAPTER 6.
by notanotherwinchester

WELL, ATHENA HAD EXAGGERATED. Her inner monologue that had said, "Hey! My world is ending!!" Had been a complete and utter exaggeration. For her sister had woken up not even 3 minutes after her little existential crisis.

She remembered it exactly. She had been crying into her own hands silently at the fact she had let another person she loved, down. Reagan had crept downstairs after hearing her sister yelling. Her eyes wandered the living room worriedly, staring at her sister who was in shambles. The little girl awkwardly stood on the bottom step of the stairs with her arms wrapped around her emotional support teddy.

"Are you alright?" She asked her older sister softly, causing the latter's head to snap up. Athena quickly wiped her tears and prayed her eyes weren't that red. She flashed a small, fake smile at her sister, one she could easily see through.

"I'm fine."

Even though Reagan was young, she wasn't dumb. Her arms crossed over her chest, her teddy almost falling but being caught last second by Athena who had raised her finger slightly, the teddy levitating off the ground before slowly settling on the bottom step. Reagan's face flashed with shock at the event she had seen unfold, causing Athena to smile innocently.

"I've finally learned how to do some things with my powers," Athena told her sister, a hint of pride in her voice. Reagan merely nodded distractedly and kept her gaze observing Athena closely.

Her sister rolled her eyes and got up clumsily. She walked over to her 5'3" sister, grabbing her hands. Reagan looked up at her older sister who sighed and gazed away from her for a second.

"I'm fine. I swear. I think I got Laila back." She admitted to her younger sister quietly, watching her for her reaction. Reagan reacted almost immediately, her eyes brightening in happiness.

"Really?!" She excitedly asked her older sister, a smile adorning her small face. Athena flashed her sister a small smile.

She nodded. "Yeah. I looked through her spellbook and found a spell, so I did it." Reagan nodded, a hopeful look on her face that made Athena's heart clench painfully.

"Anyways, can you make those brownies you said you'd make?" Reagan suddenly asked her after a few moments. Athena looked up from the spellbook pages she was reading and gave her sister a weird look.

"I never said I-" She was cut off suddenly.

"I think brownies are a good idea." A familiar voice said, causing Athena's head to whip back around, nearly giving her whiplash.