A Universe-Breaking Parting

Ink was busy. Searching for a new universe to observe.

How desperately he longed to help an AU.

Unfortunately, the truce between him and Error prevented him from doing so.

He continued searching for an AU. Until he came across one. One that had a huge X on the front of it.

Or so you thought.

He found an AU in front of it, preventing him from noticing the glowing purple AU behind.

Little did the rainbow color skeleton know, this would result in the disappearance of a specific skeleton with the ability to change his AU.

"It seems time is running short." XGaster looked at the OVERWRITE button in front of him. Its cracks growing slowly. Eventually, this AU and its inhabitants will die if XGaster doesn't do something.

But unfortunately, there wasn't anything he could do. This was the end. This universe would die out.

This universe would-

"Well, well, well. What do we have here!?"

XGaster rapidly turned to look at the being who spoke. He looked up and saw a weird skeleton hanging off of blue strings that appeared out of nowhere. Weird Error signs buzzed around his body.

"Who- who are you?" XGaster asked fearfully(and confusedly).

"I'm Error. The last thing you'll see before you're gone." He snatched XGaster up and took him away. Not knowing of the existence of the other two inhabitants of XTale.

"We should head back to XGaster." Frisk looked at his brother worriedly. "Nonsense!!! Look at where we are, Brother! We're in a place XGaster never made."

"This is exactly why we should head back. This large pointing rock thing isn't safe. What if we fall off?"

Chara ignored his brother. "I officially dub this large pointing rock thing! a mountain!!"

Just as Frisk predicted, the second XChara moved away from the tip of the mountain, he slipped and fell at a high speed down the mountain. His brother raced after to get him, but couldn't keep up.

XChara had finally made it all the way down. However, he didn't recognize the area he was in. He looked around at the surrounding trees with purple leaves. He walked around a bit. Searching for his brother. Until... he heard it.

A glowing white sword sprouted behind him from the ground.

The boy turned. Boy was that sword a weird site.

His soul jumped out and pulled him towards the blade.

"Woah... woah!!" He stumbled and tripped as his soul didn't stop floating and carrying him towards the sword.

He struggled and struggled until eventually... his hands fell onto the handle of the sword. His soul began pulsing and glowing its blood red.

He looked at the sword in wonder.

What was so special about it anyway? (Nothing. It would just make his life miserable.)

The more he inspected, the more he realized how short he was in comparison to it. There were no special or fancy looks to it. It was just a regular broadsword with a white soul contained and resting between the handle and the blade.

He wrapped his hands along the blade.

*rumble

His arms fell off the blade as the world vibrated.

"W-what the!?" He looked around as the world he knew was slowly getting eaten away, or should I say, eaten by the purple glitches.

He wrapped his hands around the sword and pulled it out. He then got up and ran in search of his brother.

"CHARA!!! CHARAAAA!!!!!" His brother's voice could be heard as he screamed for his older brother.

"I'M HERE BRO!" XChara ran up to his younger brother and grabbed his arm. He held his brother's arm in one hand and the broadsword in the other.

Whatever was happening. It must be related to the sword.

In that moment, XChara swore to not abandon his brother or the blade.

Weird story so far. I know.