The New World

Birds chirped.

XChara opened his eyes and looked outside his room's window. Tears stained his pillow and his eyes were bloodshot.

He hated the day he lost his world. He hated the day he lost his caretaker... no. Not caretaker. His father. He prayed and begged to the universe for that moment to be a bad dream, despite not having had any dreams at all in his entire life. It was only after the abandonment of his world did the dreams arrive.

(XChara's POV)

I rubbed my eyes, getting whatever ounce of sleep I had left out. After staring at my bedroom wall for a couple of minutes, I got up. I went straight to my bathroom and brushed my teeth. I served myself some breakfast, chocolate pancakes (something I learned existed after visiting a local restaurant).

I then walked up to my brother's room. I knocked. *yawn* "Brother!" *knock knock*

"Its time to get up and go to work." The door flew open as I was met with the sight of my, equally-exhausted, brother. His hair had overgrown and reached down below his shoulders, at least 5 inches lower than them.

He closed the door. He then returned, dressed in his lab coat. I walked pointed towards breakfast and went to change.

My brother and I arrived to this world after ours broke into pieces. However, the shards we had landed on, had opened a portal, and for our first 7 years in this world, we learned that our bodies aged, we learned the English language, the Monster language, and last but not least, magic.

After a couple of more years of school, we graduated and got ourselves a job. A job of science and the future of the citizens from our city. Frisk and I didn't care much for politics, we left that to our boss, Dr. W.D Gaster. He was one of the many monsters, who the human child from the underground, freed.

Our only other co-worker was none other than the second in command of our 4 person group, Dr. Alphys.

Today was a special day. We would meet the human child and a friend they plan on bringing in.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big News Chucklenuts

I have aged up the characters to at least be teenagers. So characters such as Chara, Frisk, XChara, XFrisk and other human/monster children will be aged up. The youngest they'll probably get is 17 and oldest is 20.

The oldest of the entire children cast will be the XTale children. Being in their fair 20s or so. Meanwhile the Glitchtale children will be aged from 17-19.

I combed my hair and fixed myself up. I then put on my lab coat. "I'll be waiting for you in the car." Frisk went ahead to get into our car. Believe it or not, Frisk doesn't have his license. He wastes all his money on video games. MEANWHILE, a hard working man such as myself uses my money selflessly. Paying for our bills and putting food on our table. However, we do manage to keep a stable function on how we spend our money. Frisk pays the rent for our house.

And for me, that's enough.

I grabbed my keys and my ID. I grabbed my sweater and went outside into the snowing world.

Before I left, I took one small peak into our living room extendable couch.

The white glow of the blade was simply impossible to ignore. No matter how hard I tried. The blade never stopped glowing. I turned and headed out to our car. I went and drove us to work.

Now who could the Human's friend be?