Work

"... it basically makes our bills cheaper."

Frisk and I burst through the lab's back doors.

"What was that I heard about making bills cheaper?!" I was the first to speak.

Gaster and the woman sitting across from him both jumped, being visibly started by me and Frisk's arrival. Meanwhile, two weird-looking teenagers were standing next to our boss.

Frisk and I cried out in pain. Visibly startled by two magic hands being summoned by our boss. We were thrown onto our knees.

"Frisk X and Chara X. Do you MIND explaining why you two are late?"

XChara and Frisk both sweat dropped as they heard Gaster drop their last names. (Yes their last name is X.)

"W-we overslept sir. No sleep from our expedition you sent us on last night." XChara shot up doing a salute while sweating his life out.

Gaster rubbed his boney chin. "Why yes. I did send you two out. Would you mind showing me what you have gained?"

Frisk spoke up while twiddling his fingers together. "W-well, w-we did manage to find something but... *I don't think it would be best to present it here with people around*."

Gaster heard the whisper and immediately understood. He clapped. "Well then. I suppose you two are free to continue your work. *whatever it is*."

XChara and XFrisk both in unison yelled, "THANK YOU, BOSS!"

XFrisk had run ahead into his office while XChara had gone to work in the mechanical section in his side of the building.

A minute or so had passed when XChara had suddenly heard two sets of feet walking up behind him.

I turned and saw a pink-haired girl wearing a big snow coat and a boy wearing a blue purple-striped coat.

"Uhh..." I take my goggles off and turn off my equipment. "Can I help you two?" The boy in blue spoke. "Hi! My name is Frisk. You must be new around here." I stared at him and grunted. "Frisk... that's my brother's name... and second of all you're wrong, I've been here for 12 years."

Frisk looked startled. "Huh!? B-but I've never seen you before!"

XChara sighed and scratched the back of his head. "My brother and I aren't the type to go out often. We usually go out on work days. That being said who are you guys." I said pointing them out with my arm being extended towards them.

"I'm Betty a friend of Frisk's." The pink haired girl said, her voice a bit muffled due to her mouth being covered by her coat.

"And I'm Frisk! The human who freed the monsters!"  My eyes widened.

I stretched out my hand, "Nice to meet you, Frisk. And you too Betty."

They took my hand and shook it.

I put my goggles back on and told them, "You guys should go back to Gaster or go to Frisk. I need to get back to work." I sat back down on my workbench and continued on my work.

Hours had passed since Betty and Frisk had left. We were now alone with our boss. Needless to say, we were nervous to show him what we had found in the mountain in which the monsters came from.

Me, Frisk, and Gaster had all gathered in Gaster's office and presented him our vial. We had worked hard in making the proper equipment to handle this entity and substance. Needless to say we were sure to get paid dearly for our work.

Gaster looked at our vial. He extended his hand out. "Give it to me."

We did as he said.

He examined the substance and looked it over. He let out a sigh of relief at the realization that the being was indeed, contained. He safely put the vial back in the container Frisk had to safely build with magical components.

He closed it and turned towards us. "Well boys, it seems that you both have earned your money and week off. You are free to return home."

Frisk and I looked at each other and collided into an embrace. We grabbed our paychecks and headed home. The sky was dark and the moon was out.

"*At least HATE was detained*"

Who could've guessed today was a good day.

I opened the door to our house and turned.

The sword still kept glowing.

I really want to stop hearing their voice.