Far From Home

It's not fair.

It's never fair.

Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter are still in shock of the sudden death of the son of Poseidon.

No signs indicated that anything was wrong with him.

The Apollo and Hades/Pluto cabins were still trying to get an autopsy on the dead demigod, but they still couldn't find the source of his state. They looked for pre-existing conditions, heart conditions, stroke, poisoning, even suicide. But they still found nothing.

Then the body disappeared, and more confusion and discord spread throughout the two camps.

Where is Percy Jackson's body?

Questions without answers went on for days. Search parties without findings continued for weeks. The entire Greek and Roman world demanded action before Zeus finally decided to hold an emergency meeting with the Olympians.

Once in session, Poseidon is not happy.

"This is no normal death, brother!" He argues. "I can feel it; the sea is restless over Percy's passing."

"There's nothing we can do about this Poseidon." Zeus says. "Perseus is dead, yes. His death was certainly unwarranted, and the best is being done to find closure with the situation. However, there may be a more rational explanation for all of this. Perhaps he was poisoned or—"

A bright light flashes into the throne room, and Hades stands in the source's place. His attire is disheveled, and eyes have dark bruises forming underneath them. His breathing is uneven and the rest of the gods look in confusion at the god of the Underworld's prominent distress.

"He's not in the book." His coal-like eyes are downcast in underlying dread. The gods shift uncomfortably, not quite sure what he is talking about.

"What book, Hades?" Hera asks.

Hades' eyebrows rise for a moment, seemingly realizing the lack of context he gave the rest of the Olympians, he clears his throat. "Apologies, after Perseus' unexpected death, my children came to tell me of the occurrence and sensed that something was wrong." Hades explains. "I asked Thanatos, and we've found that the young hero's name has been wiped from every record on Earth."

Poseidon's face goes slack from the news—this has never happened before. "What are you trying to tell us?"

"What I'm saying is, the person 'Perseus Jackson' doesn't exist anymore, brother."

The Olympians explode into an uproar of shock and disbelief. To even think of something powerful enough to wipe one's very existence sends shivers down their spines. It's virtually impossible to do so.

"I fear we may be facing a foe far more powerful than our last." Athena says, her expression somber. The room goes silent as dread builds up in the air.

What are they really up against?

•••

Percy shakily examines his reflection.

His cheeks had sunken in from the lack of food and water he experienced in the Void. His lips were so pale they looked ashen. The throbbing in his head seemed to gradually grow, forcing him to close his eyes to try to let it subside.

"Why do I look like I'm dead?" Percy asks, his voice barely above a murmur.

"In a way, you are." Chaos leans back in the chair, staring at Percy's expression. "Your soul is still fighting to stay alive even after exiting the Void. From what my medics are observing, it appears that you also have a severe case of Dark Energy Exposure Syndrome, which is extremely rare considering that it only happens when a patient is too close to a black hole's event horizon, and undergoes the first stages of spaghettification. They...normally don't last long after that."