Chapter 1 - Respectfully Hold Me Closer

Narrator POV:

Panic flared through her veins, pounding within her blood. Run, don't stop. Her soul-father Carlisle's words repeated in her head. The Cullens were back in Forks Washington, after temporarily leaving Bella behind.

Lyra and her family had talked sense into Edward, that if he left Isabella, her survival was close to impossible. The volturi had found out about Bella and her being human. The vampire kings Caius, Marcus, Aro, were currently seated in her house speaking with her family about their fate. After being warned, no, yelled at by Alice - who looked quite uneasy - Lyra had decided to go for a walk in the woods.

Right now Lyra was paying the price for that decision. Walking into her favourite clearing Laurent was the last person - or vampire - she had thought she'd come face-to-face with. His eyes were black - signs of starvation - and he looked at her hungrily. Lyra didn't even get to scream before her fear took over. She ran, because against a vampire, that's all she could do. Metres behind her, Laurent laughed wickedly.

Thinking on impulse Lyra connected her mindlink to her family, screaming for help. Despite being a human, Lyra was gifted with telepathy - different to Edward she could only speak her thoughts through a mind-link, not hear or even read the other person's. Before Lyra could tell her family where she was, Laurent appeared in front of her. She crashed into his chest, painfully her head throbbed where she had barrelled it into his chest. Lyra's feet were about to give out, before she was tightly yanked by the scruff of her neck. Laurent - sadistic as ever - gave her a smile, before throwing her back. She crashed into a tree, hearing something crack inside of her. Once again attempting to create the mind link she cried 'please, Alice, Edward, anyone'. Laurent jumped in front of her baring his teeth.

Lyra POV:

I felt the mindlink snap as my fear took over. I shut my eyes, not allowing Laurent to bask in the fear they clearly gave away. After all I'd been through, the years of hell my childhood had been, the family I'd found in the Olympic coven, it would all end here. Except it didn't. I opened my eyes, scared of what I'd see, but what I saw I would remember for millennia. Laurent was missing his head, his body crumpling to the ground in front of me. When I looked up in confusion I saw him, or rather them.

3 pairs of red eyes were looking down at me. I painfully felt something snap in my chest and I could do nothing but cry out. A pair of arms wrapped around me and carefully picked me up. My head was pounding, but the touch of the arms somehow lessened the pain. My eyes were still closed as my breathing slowed and eventually the fatigue took over.

Caius POV:

She was probably the most beautiful person I had ever laid eyes on. I felt the mate bond snap into place, she felt it as well as she whimpered in front of us. I was about to pull her into an embrace, but Marcus beat me to it. Slowly picking her up, a worried - yet alive - expression on his face. Marcus never looked alive. The Olympic coven came up behind us. As I saw the seer I let out a growl. Aro's hand being the only thing stopping my rage from taking over.

"Carlisle, what you have done today, we will never forget," Aro hissed, his voice barely over a whisper, but holding the fury of a thousand blazing suns.

My anger was numbing out the pain that the mate bond was causing.

"We did not know it would turn out like this," Alice chimed in before Carlisle had the chance.

I stepped forward only a few inches away from ripping her head off, "How dare you say that, how dare you try to deceive us, YOU KNEW SHE WAS OUR MATE YET YOU DID NOT SAY," I let out a shaky breath, "Cullen you will regret this, I will make sure of it," I snarled at her.

"We must go," Marcus pleaded, the desperation in his voice tugged at my undead heart. I looked over at Lyra, my anger washing away immediately. I wanted to steal her from Marcus, I wanted to hug her, to hold her and never let her go. I had taken steps closer to Marcus and my mate, unknown to the fact that Aro had done the same.

"My kings please, we understand your anger, but Lyra needs help and I am the only one who can help her," Carlisle begged us - mostly looking at Aro. My brother nodded and Marcus and Carlisle took off heading towards Cullen's house. The mate bond tugged at me and Aro as well. With one final glare we both took off. If anything happened to my mate, I would rip Edward and Alice into a million pieces.

Lyra POV:

I could hear yelling, a breathy and husky voice whispered something to me and I moved deeper into whoever was holding me. I felt the wind pick up as I snuggled into a cloak...

When I woke up I was in my room. My vision was blurred, I tried getting up only to feel extreme jolts of pain travel up my chest. I whimpered as hands softly pushed my back into my bed. I blinked fiercely, finally regaining my vision... and that was when I saw them. There were three unknown vampires in my room, vampires was probably the wrong word, gods were more like it. As I saw them the pain in my chest lessened. I took each one of them in. The tallest of the three had long curly brown hair and a very worried looking face - in the moment I wanted nothing but to leap into his arms and stay there forever. I looked over to the one with straight ebony hair and a smile broke out upon my lips.

I was not usually like this, drooling over unknown men. I finally looked over to the third vampire in the room and I swear if hearts could explode, mine would've at that moment. He was enchanting. Looking at me he broke into a smile and flicked his blonde hair out of his face. I could feel the heat rising to my face as he got up to get a closer look at me.

"How are you feeling," the ebony haired angel spoke. I looked back over at him, yet felt at a loss of words. The way his hair cushioned his face, the way his honeyed voice felt sweet to my ears, the way his eyes squinted with concern-, hold on they all looked concerned, I was confused as I looked around the room. "I am okay," I managed to squeeze out, compared to his voice, mine sounded like I was missing a lung. The curly haired tall god zoomed out of my room and immediately the pain in my chest flared up. I cried out and he immediately re-entered. A look of understanding dawned upon his face as he spoke out, "Carlisle she is awake, get some water for her please". His voice wasn't loud, he wasn't yelling - he didn't have to. I realised everyone in the house besides me right now was a vampire and mentally facepalmed. Only a few seconds later my soul-father stepped into the room with a glass of water. The blonde haired angel growled when he walked up to my bed, immediately intercepting him and taking the glass from his hands.

Carlisle looked unimpressed yet said nothing when the blonde haired angel softly smiled at me. The ebony haired deity gently propped me up into a sitting position and I smiled gratefully at him, causing him to give me a look of pure affection. (it shook me a little). The blonde angel made a small whine, causing me to look back at him, he quickly came over to me (half-shoving the ebony haired deity out of the way) passing me the water himself. I was very confused. After taking a sip, I looked up at Carlisle and the others "what's going on?" I managed to squeeze out.

The gods all looked up at Carlisle expectantly, "Lyra... I want you to meet... Caius, Marcus and Aro Volturi... your true mates".

Words:  1408

Hello dear reader, I hope you enjoyed I will be updating next tomorrow. Till then farewell.