Chapter Eleven

[Your POV]

"Try and hold still." Donnie instructed, wrapping a fresh bandage around my ankle. "It should heal in a couple of days, but if you want it to heal faster, I suggest taking some time to rest."

"But what about Blake-" I started, but Donnie shushed me.

"My brothers and I will do our best to make sure he's okay. He's most likely been mutated into some kind of creature so it will hard for you to recognize him anyway." Donnie explained. "Take some time off and catch up with your friend." I latched onto his shoulder and leaned on him for support as he walked me out of his lab. I looked solemnly at Veronica, who laid unconscious on the couch. Mikey huddled close to her, staring at her. "Mikey, give her some space!"

"When's she gonna wake up?" Mikey asked, tapping his fingers together.

"Maybe if you try and read her mind some more, you'll find out." Raph teased.

"Really?"

"No."

As Mikey's shoulders slumped, Leo walked out of the dojo alongside Splinter. He ran up to me. "(Y/N), are you doing okay? You got pretty beat up by Tigerclaw..." He said.

"Yeah, nothing but a good concussion to spice things up." I joked, making Raph chuckle. Leo reached out and gently rubbed my head, making my heart beat. No one heard that, right?

"Seems like things are getting a bit crowded around here, huh Splinter?" Donnie commented as I switched my support onto Leo.

"That's true. I may have to ask one of you to give up your room." Splinter said gently, but the boys' jaws dropped.

"I am not giving up my room for some random human we know nothing about!" Raph argued.

"Actually, we do know something about her. She's (Y/N)'s friend!" Mikey said.

"That doesn't count!"

"Where did April and Casey go?" Splinter asked.

"They had to go back home. School night." Donnie said, his eyes gazing at Veronica. "Ya know, um, I wouldn't mind giving up my room for her." His cheeks went red. Raph's eyes widened, appalled.

"Oh? And where would you sleep, Donatello?"

"I could set up a cot in my lab." He said. "I usually sleep in there anyway..."

"Very well." Splinter said, glancing at Veronica. I noticed she squirmed in her sleep. She must be waking up. That's when Splinter grinned mischievously. "Why don't you go ahead and take her to her room? The couch hasn't been cleaned in weeks and I know how spotless you keep your room."

"Oh yeah, of course, Sensei!" Donnie said, leaning over the couch. He hesitated, but delicately held her bridal style. As soon as he picked her up, her eyes fluttered open and she made eye contact with Donnie. "Oh god...please don't scream."

"Your eyes are pretty..." Veronica said drowsily.

".....Hmm?"

"They look like chocolate..." She mumbled, leaning her head on his shoulder and falling asleep again. Donnie's face was bright red as her dark hair tickled his cheek.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Splinter teased. Donnie swiftly ran to his room, holding Veronica comfortingly in his arms. As he left the room, Splinter let out a small laugh, hiding his smile behind his paw. He retreated back to his dojo without another word, leaving the turtles and I alone. Suddenly, Mikey's stomach growled.

"Yo, I haven't eaten since we left. Can we get something to eat?" The youngest brother asked.

"You're hungry again, Mikey?" Leo asked. "Is your stomach a black hole or something?"