Chapter Four

[Your POV]

I followed Leonardo through the sewers with a skip in my step. He would constantly glance back at me, making sure that I wasn't gonna do anything from behind. But everytime he did, I would just smile. Was that making things more suspicious for him? Probably...

I stood up straight and tried putting on a neutral face. Wait, would the sudden change in attitude be suspicious? Wait, why was I so concerned? It's not like I was actually working for Shredder or anything like that. I guess I just didn't want Leo or any of the other turtles to think little of me. "Look, okay, so let me get this straight." Leo said, breaking the somewhat awkward silence between us. He looked back at me, walking backwards in the sewage system. "So you're from a dimension where my family and Shredder are all...fictional?"

"Think of your cartoons like they're Space Heroes." I said.

"You know...Space Heroes?" He asked. "I mean, uh, explain...in more detail...please..."

"Well, you know how you have Captain Ryan and the crew?" I asked. He nodded. "Well, that's like you and your brothers." As I explained, I got the thought that...maybe I was overloading him on information. I mean, I would be extremely shocked that my entire existence was fictional in a different dimension. "You're taking this rather well."

"Well, it's the least I can do after you didn't scream when you saw me. Well, saw me in person." Leo said. "So, um, what do you think of me? Do people have, like, a favorite character or anything like that?"

"Everyone has their own favorites, but personally..." I trailed off. To be honest, my favorite was Leonardo because I'd always had a crush on him growing up. But...could I really admit that right here? "...I like all the turtles. You and your brothers."

"How come?" He asked.

"Well, Raphael's the hothead, but secretly has a sweet side for his brothers. Donatello's the genius with a crush on a human girl, but he's so genuine in everything he does. Michelangelo is an innocent party animal who everyone loves, but he's a sweetheart who loves his family and friends. You, Leonardo, are the fearless leader who is focused and feel the need to be..." I trailed off once again. Would it be rude to call Leo insecure right here, right now? Most likely...

"'Feel the need to be'...what?" He asked.

"The...fearless leader..." I said. "But everyone's scared of something..." Leo went silent and turned around, no longer facing me. He didn't look offended or upset, but instead...understanding. "I hope I'm not feeding any egos." I hoped to lighten the mood. Leo let out a small chuckle.

"Just don't tell Raphael." He said. I smiled and nodded. I hoped I made a good first impression...

As we got closer to a familiar entrance, I could feel my heart just about ready to pop out of my chest. Was I really going to meet the rest of the turtles? Would Splinter approve of me? Would April and Casey be cool with it? Would Raph fly off the handle? Would Mikey welcome me? Would Donnie want to learn more about me? Probably not...but maybe that one about Raph will be true.

"Wait here." Leo said, about to pass the turnstiles. He paused and looked back at me. "I feel bad, I forgot to ask your name." He said awkwardly.

"(Y/N) (L/N)." I said with a smile. He grinned and entered the lair. I waited outside. To be honest, we were both dorks, but Leonardo was...an adorable dork. Adorkable? Yes, that's the right word...

"Hey, guys!" Leo called. "I've brought someone, uh..." He glanced back at me. "Important!" It was silent for a while before the sound of a door opening filled the room.

"The other guys are out." Donatello said. I bit my lip in anticipation. This is every fan's dream! "Who'd you bring? Karai?"

"Actually, um, a fan of ours..." Leo said. Donnie's eyes widened.