Chapter Twenty-Two

[Your POV]

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" I heard someone calling my name and felt my shoulder getting shook. I opened my eyes and Mikey was standing over me.

"Mikey?" I mumbled. My eyes widened and my face went red when I realized Leo and I were still cuddling. "Um, do you...need something?" I asked awkwardly, trying not to stumble over my words.

"We gotta move Leo now! Rahzar and Fishface are hot on our trail, dude!" He cried. I gasped and immediately rolled out of bed, landing on the ground on my hands and knees. I swiftly got up and shook Leo's shoulder. "We're gonna go to April's apartment for now! It's just a few blocks down!"

"But Leo can't walk that far! He's still recovering. How far away are they?" I asked as Leo regained consciousness.

"Donnie and Veronica went to keep watch. Raph, Zion, and Blake are scouting a safe route from here to April's place." Mikey explained.

"Wait, what's going on?" Leo asked groggily, rubbing his eyes. I kissed his head.

"We have to go now, Leo. Shredder will find us if we don't move. We're going to April's." I relayed the information to him. His eyes widened and he attempted to stand. Although he could stay on two feet, he could barely take a step without wincing. Mikey and I stabilized him, holding his weight on our shoulders.

"(Y/N), Mikey, I'm sorry-" Leo started, but his little brother cut him off.

"Hey it's not your fault you're all messed up. That's Tigerclaw's fault." Mikey said, making me smile.

As we left the room, I heard steps outside. My breath cut short and my eyes widened. My head whipped around and I saw a shadow outside the window. "Mikey, how long ago did everyone leave?" I whispered.

"Uhhh not too long ago." Mikey said. His T-phone suddenly went off. He pulled it out of his belt and picked it up. It was Donnie.

"GUYS! Tigerclaw's on his way with Fishface and Rahzar, but we're on our way over now! Raph, Zion, and Blake found a safe route!" Donnie shouted over the T-phone.

My heart dropped. I felt chills run down my spine. I felt my breathing stop. I had to manually breathe in order to stabilize myself. A shadow flashed across the window in the living room. I gasped and took a step back, clinging to Leo's arm.

"Follow my lead!" Mikey said, making his way towards the door. "Casey abuelita's sleeping in her room, so as long as we leave now, she won't be in any danger."

"I wish we could've said goodbye." I said, turning and looking at her bedroom door. She had been so accommodating to so many strangers and allowed us to use her home as a hiding spot. I hope I can see her again after all this is over.

Mikey opened the door and we moved as fast as we could while supporting Leo. He was quiet, focusing on limping with us, trying to keep a good pace. Once we got in the hallway, Mikey started walking towards the window, but I stopped him. "Mikey, I saw a shadow outside the apartment. I don't know if windows are safe-" I started.

Suddenly someone crashed through the hallway window, shattered glass covering the old and dingy carpet. It was Fishface. "Well, well, well." He grinned, looking at the three of us. "Looks like fearless leader is out of commission." Leo glared at him. "Oh? Maybe not completely." He pulled a small knife from his belt and pressed a button on it, which extended the blade to almost resemble a sword. "But I can fix that."

"(Y/N), take Leo down the stairs!" Mikey yelled, letting go of Leo and pulling out his nunchucks. "I can take care of Fishface!"

Without bothering to argue, I held Leo's shell tightly and moved to the stairs as fast as we could. Mikey's strong, I knew that. Besides, it's just Fishface, I have no doubt Mikey will be able kick his butt.