Chapter Eight

[Your POV]

I followed Leonardo into the now empty dojo. Splinter must have left to take a nap or something like that. It was just him and I. Leo checked to make sure that no one had followed us and closed the sliding doors behind him. The two of us got on our knees in the middle of the room and he looked me in the eyes. I felt my cheeks heat up slightly. I'm not used to having someone purposely stare into my eyes. "So...what did you wanna talk to me about, Leo?" I asked.

"You know a lot about our world, right? And the people in it?" He asked. I nodded. "I want you to be by my side during this whole operation."

"'By your side'...?" I asked, hoping for an elaboration.

"In a way, you'll be my partner." Leo said. "I want you to work with me. Being the leader, I need to...well...'lead' the team to victory. With your knowledge and skill, I'm sure that we can find some weaknesses to Shredder and his mutants. But..." He hesitated before speaking. "I need to protect you. You are now my top priority." This was all happening so quickly!

I'm Leo's top priority! His partner! His intel! His secret weapon! But... "Why does that require you to protect me?" I asked.

"You know a lot about Shredder, The Kraang, and the rest of them. But you also have an insane amount of knowledge when it comes to us." Leo said. "If Shredder gets his hands on you, he could...torture you and hurt you while trying to get information out of you. In a way, you are both our biggest weapon and our biggest weakness." I nodded my head in understanding. It did make sense... "So that's why I need you to stay with me at all times. I will protect you and make sure no harm comes to you."

"...Thank you, Leo." I said. I was keeping myself composed on the outside, but on the inside I was totally freaking out. I was Leo's right hand man! But I couldn't hold in a smile.

"Why are you smiling? Aren't you afraid of the danger you'll have to face?" Leo asked. I shook my head.

"As long as you're by my side, I think I'll be safe, Leo." I said. "I promise to do everything in my power to help you, your family, and your world." Leo smiled back at me. I was now Leo's partner in crime. Well, I guess more...partner in heroism.

~~~~~

"The first thing we'll have to do if find out where the box is being hidden. If (Y/N) and Blake saw the box in Shredder's lair, there's no doubt Shredder decided to move it." Donnie explained, pointing to a blueprint of Shredder's lair. "I've split us in half." Donnie split up April, Casey, Mikey, and I away from the three others. "You four are going to go searching for Veronica. Leo, Raph, and I are going to send the roach into Shredder's lair and find out where the box is being hidden."

I immediately looked over at Leo, who had just made that promise not too long ago. "Actually, (Y/N) and I need to stick together." Leo explained the situation to Donnie.

"Oh..." Donnie said, trailing off. He looked from Leo to me, then back to Leo. "...Okay." Raph scoffed and switched spots with me. "Alright, now that that's done with, let's get going!"

~~~~~

Donnie, Leo, and I parted ways with the other four and made our way to Shredder's lair. "You gonna be okay?" Leo asked when the time came for us to start hopping rooftops. I smiled and jumped onto the next rooftop. Luckily, it wasn't too far away, so it didn't take all too much effort.

"I think I'll be good. But thanks for the help, Leo." I said. Damn, that seemed kinda bland. When we made eye contact, I winked at him. He smiled and blushed a bit. I never knew someone could blush so often and look so cute doing it. I found myself blushing before my mind returned to the mission.