Prologue

(M/N) = Male Name

(H/C) = Hair Color

(E/C) = Eye Color

(S/C) = Skin Color

Note: I keep forgetting to mention this in my stories, so I'll say it now. NONE of these pictures, gifs, videos are mine in this story or in any of my other stories. The only thing I own is my ideas and the plot.

Enjoy

-Location: Yosemite National Park-

It has been a week since the attack on San Francisco by giant Titan monsters known as Kaiju. The devastation and radiation left behind by the Kaiju known as MUTOs and their nemesis Gojira made the city uninhabitable (though that won't be known until later).

...It was also there that (M/N) (L/N) nearly lost his best friend Andrew Russell who almost got stepped on by Gojira. It was a near miss that only happened because (M/N) was in San Francisco at the time and was able to save him from certain death. After that they got to a safe location and watched from a distance as the fight met its conclusion.

Surprisingly, Gojira had decided to take a nap before leaving in the morning making everyone initially thinking she was dead.

(M/N) could not shake off the feeling this wouldn't be the last time their paths will cross. (Unlike my other story, in this story he did not go near her, so they never interacted at this point).

"Hey sport!" Came the voice of his father, shaking him out of his stupor.

Turning to his father, he said "yeah dad?"

Chuckling at his response Cain (L/N) simply ruffled the younger (L/N) hair. Causing the young boy to pout and swat at his father hands in an attempt to get him to stop. It only served to make his dad more amused as he continued a little while longer.

"Daaad, stop it" (M/N) childly said, causing his father to laugh.

"All right, all right I'll stop" He conceded, holding his hands in mock surrender.

The father-son duo continued their trek in Yosemite Forest, Cain pointing out things to his son.

"And here we have a pack of wolves taking a break...Wait, What?"

Cain stopped, as he took a second look and saw that it was indeed a pack of wolves laying leisurely on the ground.

Blinking, he thought to himself 'I thought wolves no longer resided in California.'

He and the wolf pack simply stared at each other before the wolves went their own way.

"...That was weird." Cain commented to himself as he turned to his son "Come on (M/N) we should get-"

His words were cut off as he realized that (M/N) was nowhere to be seen.

"Gah! Again?" He asked himself, as he realized his son went off on his own...again.

'No wonder dad always said that when I had kids, he hoped they were just like me.'

Cain thought to himself, remembering how his dad always cursed him for giving the old man a heart attack. 'Should I apologize for all the grief I've given him?'

"...Nah." He said as he started walking, calling out to his son.

-With (M/N)-

"Hmm, I'm lost" (M/N) concluded, having wandered off to see what else was in the forest. Only to wound up getting himself lost no with clear path.

"Hope dad isn't having a heart attack." He said as he tried to retrace his steps.

"...I'm sure he's fine." (You can tell these two are father and son)