-» The Truth & What About Us?

CAROLINE'S POV

When we landed, Winifred runs inside the school with order of Mary to find them by smell

When we landed, Winifred runs inside the school with order of Mary to find them by smell. "What a wasted party. The mummy boy was so nice!" Sarah sighs as she stays in back with me. "What's that distraction on your face?" She asks. "I don't wanna talk about it." I mutter.

"Oh, I see. Well, watching you and Winifred dance reminded me of the time when she was in love with Katharina." She says. "Can you stop that?! Katharina may have been Winifred's love interest, but I'm not! And I won't be! Who knows how Winifred ruined it back then to make Katharina break up with her!"

"These are lies, it wasn't her fault." Sarah objects. "No, then who was it fault? I'm tired of this. All time hearing I look as Katharina or how you try keep hiding something from me. Just spit it out!" I say and feel little bad I turned out this loud on her.

"We got forbidden to talk about it, but after all..listen, Winifred wasn't always like this. You know she used to be really nice and sort of sweet, but all because of Katharina. Katharina kept her happy and young. But then she was supposed to marry someone from the neighbor town. Neighbor Mayor's son. Oh, how handsome he was!" Sarah cuts the story with her simping.

"Sarah, could you focus on Winifred, thank you." She nods in rush. "Sorry."

"As I said he was really handsome and Katharina liked him so the love of hers for Winifred started to fade. And so did Winifred's youth. We all turned very old, because there are only two things that can keep witches alive. It's lives of children or love." I stop by the last word. "Love?"

She continues. "Winifred realized something was wrong when she saw us like this so she went to Katharina and she was stabbed the worst way possible. She saw the love of her life in embrace of Mayor's son and when they faced each other, Katharina, in terror and fear from Winifred's looks, pushed her away. She nearly called the villagers to trap her, but Winifred escaped. Since that I don't recognize her. She was the caring sister, sometimes she behaved more like our mother, but then she become this tyrant. To be beautiful and young again we started to suck lives of children in Salem and after all we got use to it. It was fun, but to remember how different and dear Winifred used to be...I miss it."

I stayed standing. Repeating the story in my head and feeling even worse. This was terrible. Poor Winifred. I wish I knew. "Then you say for witches is love same powerful as that terryfing sucking of children lives?" I ask after all. She nods. "As long as Winifred was loved she loved us. And we were young and beautiful." It may have been little confusing, but I made it clear in the end.

"But why I look so much as Katharina? I just..I just can't believe it's a coincidence." She smiles. "Because it's not. You know that night when we were hanged, fancy, I tell ya, she set two curses. To bring us by lighting up the black candle. And in her case she could also be brought back by the one who shall make her the most powerful. And here we have you. So who knows if you aren't the Katharina who will love Winifred? Your looks offer it."