JFT Chapter 23 Outline

SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 23 OF JOURNEY FOR TRUST

------

Chapter starts out with Yui showing up at All Might's house.

It's explained that All Might called Yui and told her what happened with Deku, and nothing would convince her to not come over.

All Might invited Yui to sit in his living room, she complied and sat a huge medical bag on the table in between the couches.

Yui, looking around: "This is a pretty modest house for a top hero."

All Might: "I guess you could say that. I never saw the appeal of having a huge house, especially if I only use it to sleep in."

Yui, chuckling: "That's probably why you're the top hero, that attitude is a breath of fresh air. Especially with assholes like Endeavor."

All Might tried to suppress the chuckle, but Yui's smirk indicated he didn't do it well.

Yui: "Enough chit chat. How bad is Deku's arm? Did he take care of it? Please tell me that asshole didn't give Deku an open fracture and I saw the video wrong-"

All Might, solemnly: "When I chased him into the alleys, it was terrible. His forearm was broken so badly you could see his bone, and there were so many damn burns," All Might scrunched his nose in hate for Endeavor.

Yui, face shocked: "Who the hell would do that to a kid?" she seethed for a moment, the tried to calm down, "I swear, if Deku tried to set the bone back in place himself-"

All Might: "That's the thing- when I saw him in the alley, he just had a fracture," Yui looked skeptical, "No burns, and no poking-out-bone. Just enough swelling for what's most likely a fracture."

All Might: "Did you heal him?"

Yui: "No. My quirk can only make more of what's missing- yeah, maybe I could've healed the muscles, skin, and even the bone if I could do surgery, but there's nothing I can do for burns other than treat them normally. Which would take more than just two days."

All Might nodded, convinced because of her quirk's limitations, but still somewhat skeptical.

Yui, picking up on that skepticism: "And I couldn't heal him because we haven't talked in a week." She looked away from All Might. "Not after the night he was shot in the shoulder."

All Might realized he's venturing into what's most likely a sensitive topic for Yui, and tries to come off as gentle and non judgemental.

All Might: "What happened?"

Yui, sighing: "I don't know, I just," she held her face in her hand, trying to cover up her shame, "after seeing him get so hurt for so many years, and then for him to show up passed out on my porch with a fucking bullet in his shoulder... I snapped."

Yui: "He came to me with a sprained ankle three days earlier. But when he came with that bullet, he so many more cuts and bruises it was stupid. I just got so angry, I yelled at him for it. And shit," her voice cracked, "I yelled terrible things at him."

All Might, sympathetically: "What did you say?"

Yui, putting her full face in both her hands: "I told him that he'd end up dead, that he shouldn't be a vigilante, that he should just accept his quirk, and... that he should 'stop playing hero.'"

All Might, biting his lip: "I won't say that what you said wasn't harsh—"

Yui interrupted: "Then I tried to calm down, and I said something about worrying his parents," Yui lifted her head, "and he'd said something I'll never forget." She made eye contact with All Might. "'Not even half of these are from the villains I fight.'"