JFT: Chapter 24 Outline

Chapter starts out with Toshi going through the medical supplies, special cast, and mini bag he brought to the alley and spreading out a blanket on the ground.

That leads into explaining Toshinori's dream with One For All telling him Izuku is the ninth holder again.

That leads into explaining that All Might got them from Yui along with extra advice on how to treat it.

All Might had also asked Yui if she healed Deku's arm, but she didn't, leaving Toshi to suspect that Deku must have a healing-type quirk.

Yui also refused to let All Might inform her anymore about Deku's condition in fear of letting Endeavor know anything of it.

Toshi hears Izuku walking to the alley, which interrupts his thoughts.

He looks at Izuku and is about to greet him, but is shocked to see the burn on Izuku's face.

Toshi, standing up: "What happened to you?!"

Izuku looks down and starts stuttering, making Toshi even more worried.

Toshi reaches his hand to examine the wound, but Izuku flinches and starts backing away.

Toshi remembers that he's dealing with an abuse victim and that he has to remain as gentle as possible, and that he's a tall man that can easily frighten him.

Toshi: "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have raised the my voice—"

Izuku, quickly looking up at him: "N-No! It's not your f-fault! I'm just—"

Toshi, gently: "Alright, nobody's at fault here." He gestured to the blanket he set up on the ground, "do you want to sit?"

With a little obvious reluctance from Izuku, they both sit; Toshi is worried about Izuku's burn and how he got it.

Toshi, gesturing to Izuku's broken arm: "Can I?"

Izuku nods shyly and pushes his arm forward and winces in pain.

Toshi quickly runs one of his hands into his bag and comes out with a bottle of painkillers and a water bottle, and hands Izuku a pill.

Toshi: "It's for the pain, this won't be an easy process without it."

Izuku quietly thanks him and takes the pill.

As Toshi goes through the process of taking off the cloth and installing the new cast, he thinks about what could've caused the burn.

He couldn't have gotten it being Deku because he's too injured to fight, and plus there wasn't any media coverage about him; Toshi believes his parent(s) must've caused it.

That caused Toshi to debate using the GHB.

He decided he should at the very least try to convince Izuku to come home with him willingly instead of forcing him.

Toshi clips the special cast around his arm, and opens his mouth to ask Izuku, but gets interrupted.

Izuku, meekly: "I h-haven't seen a c-cast like this be-before."

Toshi is concerned about Izuku's social life because of how shy he is and his stutter, and vows to at the least be someone he can rely on.

Toshi: "I got one made by a quirk since I don't know the size of your arm," it closed shut with a click and resized itself to perfectly hold the arm and bone in place.

It's revealed here that the cast was supposed to snap any displaced bone into place, and Toshi didn't want to warn Izuku about it because of the pain; but just resized itself, meaning that the bone was already in place.