JFT Chapter 27 Outline

!!SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN OF JOURNEY FOR TRUST!!

------

Izuku walks into his home, very nervous of Hisashi's reaction to Toshi's cast and bandage on his face.

Hisashi is sitting at the kitchen bar with empty beer bottles on the counter, a little more than tipsy, but not fully drunk.

Izuku tries to quietly walk past him to his room, but freezes when his dad calls him.

Hisashi: "Izuku?"

Izuku forces himself to slowly turn around to Hisashi, while at the same time cursing himself from having to force himself to look at his own father.

Hisashi: "Where'd you get that?"

Hisashi reached out to touch the bandage on Izuku's face, but Izuku flinched away.

Izuku freezes again when he realized he flinched away because that's what usually set his father off, and Izuku didn't know how badly Hisashi would react while slightly drunk either.

But when Hisashi just sighs and turns back to the bottle in front of him, Izuku is stunned.

Hisashi, quietly: "You don't have to act that way around me."

Izuku nods, not knowing how to respond, and thinks Hisashi might mean that he didn't want to hurt Izuku.

Izuku beats himself up for that thought; his father doesn't hurt him, he isn't abusive.

Awkwardly, Izuku starts walking to his room before he "messes up" again.

Hisashi: "Izuku."

Izuku, turning around again: "I-I'm sorry! It was r-rude of me to l-leave! I d-didn't know you had more to s-say, I'm sorry, it-it's my fault—"

Hisashi, bringing his palm up to hold his forehead: "This isn't about you."

Izuku clasps a hand over his mouth, stopping himself from muttering another apology; why was he so selfish to only be thinking about how he was rude and not what his father had to say?

Hisashi: "When I'm not..." Hisashi gestures to the bottle on the counter with his head. "If I say something about that"—Hisashi points to his bandage and then the cast—"don't, um..."

Izuku sympathizes with Hisashi not being able to find the right words.

Izuku: "I-It's okay, I won't judge—"

Hisashi: "Forget about it. Go to your room."

Izuku flinches again, but is still surprised that Hisashi didn't say anything about it; his guilt complex also acts up again and beats himself up for screwing up again.

-

The next day Izuku wakes up, gets ready for school, and just as he's about to leave, he finds Hisashi hung over where he was last night, just waking up.

They make eye contact for a second, which makes Izuku freeze.

Hisashi, groaning: "Do you really have to be so damn loud in the morning?"

After a moment, Hisashi's eyes widen and he sits up.

Hisashi: "What the hell is that?" Hisashi threatened, standing up to grab Izuku to get a better look at the bandage.

As Hisashi harshly grabbed Izuku's chin, Izuku tried to pull down his sleeve farther to completely cover the cast.

Hisashi saw Izuku doing that, then let go of his chin to grab his arm and yanked his sleeve up.