Chapter 1: The Beginning of It All

On Friday June 10th, our protagonist was leaving school to get home, for his classes have finished. In his way to the entrance of his school, he stumbled upon his then girlfriend, Tiffany. She looked very angry at him, and seemingly wanted to talk to him.

Mario: Now what the heck do you want, Tiffany? Are you crazy or something?

Tiffany: Let me ask you something. Why do you always look away from me when I try to get close to you? Do you have another girlfriend and you don't want me to find out? Answer now!

Mario: Oh, come on! I don't want another girl anyways, and because of your obsessive behaviour I can't even get close to any girl in your presence. And besides... I'm not even interested in having a girl harem or such kind of things! (Closes his eyes in annoyance and calms down) That's it, due to your toxic, jealous and obsessive behavior, I'm breaking up with you...

Tiffany: You'll... what?! No, I won't let you do it, you simply can't!

Mario: Who said so? I certainly don't think the ancients did. Anyways, I don't want to be close to someone like you, so jealous, so obsessed, and so creepy, despite your cute appearance. Now, I'd like to get home as soon as possible, it's 13:14.

Tiffany: No! You can't break up with me, don't think I'm going to allow it!

Mario: I'm sorry for ya, if only a bit, but I already made my decision, sooner or later it would happen. Now, outta my way. (Gets away from Tiffany's grasp, and runs away, to then get lost among the crowd, and finally gets the first bus to get home)

Our kid finally broke up with his now ex-girlfriend, and due to his speed and carefulness, he could escape her impending wrath, seemingly never to see her again. And just as he was getting on a bus to get home, he ran into a girl he knew since Kindergarten. Her name was Sally, our protagonist's childhood friend and first crush.

Mario: (Smiling) Hey Sally, long time no see!

Sally: Mario, my friend, how do you do? You look a bit overwhelmed. Here, come sit with me (giggles).

Mario: I'm fine, just a bit tired. (Closes his eyes and his tone changes to a serious voice) But, to be honest, I was fine just moments ago. Before I got this bus to get home, I broke up with Tiffany... You know, the pink-haired girl who would never let me hang out with friends or even look at any other girl, regardless of whether I knew such girl or not.

Sally: (Worried) It's because of her jealousy, right?

Mario: Yeah, it was because of that. But, even though she desperately wanted me to reject my choice, as you know me well, I don't let myself be influenced by other people's thoughts. (Smiles softly) Instead, I choose to let myself be influenced by my own feelings. That, and her unhealthy, annoying and extremely jealous obsession with me, are why I decided to break up with her in the first place.

Sally: Well, you're right about that, and that's exactly one of the things I like about you. (Sees that she's approaching her home) Well, I've gotta go, see you another day!