Chapter 5: The Inn

"So where are we going, Ajax?" I ask, moving my feet keeping in step with his. Vinmir wobbles beside me. Looking drained. I poke his cheek. He winces. "Are you okay?"

"I'm hungry." Vinmir grumbles.

"Possibly a coincidence but a rabbit just ran by." Ajax informs. Vinmir runs like he shit himself after it. I just watch him disappear into the forest.

"Do you think it's a good idea to let him go like that?" I question. Ajax keeps walking and ignores me. So I grab his wrist, "Hey, I asked you a-" Ajax blushes looking down at my hand. I flinch away and hold my hands up in defeat, "I didn't mean anything! Just answer my-"

"The Empire here in Wysteria is enslaving your race. The Sirens that refuse are killed on sight. You would be killed on sight." Ajax states, wiping his wrist on his black and gold trimmed long coat. I push him and get him to keep walking. Listening for that idiot Vinmir.

"Where are we going?" I ask again.

"To my brethren." Ajax answers, rocks crunching under his boots.

"Brethren?"

"The Empire is trying to acquire the Elven brethren as slaves as well." Ajax explains, wind blowing through his hair, "Some of my Elven brethren have managed to escape the Empire's grip, regrouping near an ancient Siren city. We are known by all as the Rogue Elven Brethren."

"Oh, so what if there's a girl in the group what is she?" I question.

"She is an older sister to all. Elven women are not to be played with. They are fierce, powerful mage's and deadly with the blade." Ajax says, speaking very highly of the women. I smile.

"Is the woman still an older sister if she is younger?"

"If the sister is below 18, she simply cannot fight. We will train her until her 18th birthday and then she will become an older sister to us." Ajax picks up his walking speed. I start to jog.

"Hey, hey. Slow down."

"Slow down, what?"

"Eh, I have tiny legs. I'm only 5'6. Slow it down, daddy long legs." Ajax chuckles at my remark. I just blink, unamused.

"Come here, my precious." Vinmir says, half stuck in a fallen hollowed out log, "No, no. Daddy will be nice to you." Snap! Vinmir's feet wriggle around furiously, "AHH!! It's got my freaking nose!!!"

"I'll help you." I say, pulling on one of Vinmir's legs. Struggling.

"It simply cannot be helped." Ajax ushers to his feet, hands glowing a bright yellow. Vinmir pops out of the log. The rabbit chomped down to his nose. Blood runs down his mouth. I grimace. Vinmir meets eyes with the rabbit and they flick to red. The rabbit squeals. Vinmir pries it off his nose, smacking its head into the log. Softly. I stare, softly?

"You freaking piece of shit. Little ugh!" Vinmir swears, tossing the rabbit at a tree. The rabbit hangs on the stump. It's teeth stuck in the wood. It sways back and forth. Vinmir chuckles, wiping at his nose and wriggles it. Grabbing the rabbit, "Yay, time to eat!"

"I believe that you're mutt may have mental problems." Ajax states. I nod, in disbelief. Vinmir skips happily with rabbit in hand.

"So when can I eat?" I ask, wincing as Vinmir bites down on the rabbit.

"Later. There is a travellers inn on our way to the ancient Siren city. We shall rest there tonight and walk until evening to the city."

"Oh." I say, so much walking. Wait, my wings! I could fly too. To get a hang of my wings. I wiggle my hands around, thinking I'm a genius. Ajax continues walking.