Chapter 40: Live For Me...

Beep, beep, beep.

"Dad?" I croak out, blinking my dry eyes. Squinting them at the blurred figure slumped over in a chair beside the bed. I pant.

"Sye!" My father exclaims, jumping from the chair to the door. "HE'S AWAKE! HE'S AWAKE!!"

"Dad?" I ask again, running my forehead as it pounds. "What happened?"

"They found you washed up near the river a day ago. You were badly injured and almost died. My boy, I'm so sorry. If I hadn't-"

"Shh." That familiar voice commands, my eyes hang to the long wavy hair to her gentle eyes, my mother stands in the doorway.

"Mom." I say, a small smile appearing on my face. "We need to go back."

"Go back?" My dad questions, peering at my mom like I've lost it. Mom nods, agreeing. Eyes darkening. She sighs.

"I've ran too long from the truth. Tell me, Sye, what has happened in Wysteria?" Mom asks, sitting on the edge of the bed, taking my hand in hers gently. I cough.

"Xyrie." I simply reply. Mothers face contorts to fear. Eyes dance around, afraid.

"Looking for me?" She asks, quietly. My dad stares at us.

"What's happening? What're two talking about? I don't understand."

"No...Xyrie's trying to rule it. I made a deal with Yumina." I inform my mom. Though my dad blinks confused.

"Yumina?" Mom racks her brains, then nods, "Elder brother Sylnya's human betrothed."

"How do we go back?"

"I will show you. But not now." Mother whispers into my ear. I nod, diligently. The nurse comes in to check my vitals. I sigh.

"Dad...I'm not going to be here much longer. I-I don't belong here. Yo-you belong with your new family. Forget about me. I...I found where I belong." I say, gently. My dads eyes widen and he shakes no.

"You're not leaving my sight."

"David...it's time." My mom chirps giving him a firm look. My dad stiffens up, his eyes flashing with knowing. He knows. "It was from the beginning that we did not belong here. I've only caused you trouble. Please, help us get to the roof. Without them knowing."

"I...." My dad eyes well up before he nods, eyes filling with strength.

Later on....

"Thank goodness. They are slow." Mom says, helping me walk forward. Her and my dad supporting me up the last flight of stairs. Opening the roof access door. The cold breeze slithering under the hospital gown freezing my bare skin. I wince as my stomach pains. The roof door slowly closes. We stop. Mom looks down from the edge. "It will work. It worked last time."

"Last time?" I ask.

"You saw the bodies...the blood right?" Mom asks, conscious of her mistake, frowning. I sit on the ledge. Sighing.

"I did. So we jump."

"Elise..." My dad says, weakly. Eyes tearing up. Biting his lip. "I don't know-"

"Be free. Love your new family. We are but a blemish upon the rest of your life. Throw it away and move forward." My mom says, cupping my dads face. Tears roll down his cheeks as he holds my mom tightly to him. Looking at me, hurt.

"Dad...I need to go back. They need me. I need them. My pups...my elves...my dragon. My pack...I need them." I say, clearly for him to hopefully understand.

"I'm sorry I've done nothing but hurt you. I love you. I really do." My dad yelps, wiping his face.

"And we will always love you." My mom says, grabbing my hand. Helping me to my feet. My father's eyes widening. We stand on the ledge. 10 stories high. I gulp.

"This will work." I say, trying to comfort myself. Mom grabs my face and draws a deal with her blood and does the same to herself. Before facing my dad. I turn to face him to. Staring at my mom.

"What does a Siren do if they are falling?" She snickers, taking my hand in hers, raising her arms. I follow. Eyes on my dad. He stands and watches. The door is thrown open. "Goodbye, my love."

"I love you, dad. Goodbye." I say weakly, tears blurring my eyes and we fall back. My dad reaching out to us one last time. I close my eyes.

"Be still." Mother says.

WHOOSH!!!!

________________________

O_O what you think?

Vote and comment.