Chapter 22: Welcome to Labarynth!

"Just walk on in. Just be aware to hold your body. Well the important stuff." Talani warns.

"My junk." Vinmir whines, cupping his groin. I grimace.

"Well whatever." I mumble, hopping through the portal.

Instantly regretting doing so. My eyes are tainted with skies full of red and screams fill my ears. I wince, spotting Sirens falling from the sky, their wings being plucked off by claws. Though bloody their feathers fall to the ground coating it like fresh snow in winter. I glance around, worried. Biting down on my lip.

"You okay?" Ajax questions, landing onto his feet. Vinmir face diving onto the cement. Sachi is flung out from the portal plopped onto his butt. Wincing.

"Owww." Sachi whines, flopping over onto his side. Red comes out.

"This is...this is..." Red starts, processing Labarynth, "This is messed up."

"Daemon is the mental God, so yes it would conclude that he has a land like this." Ajax responds.

"Damn." I say slowly. Gawking over how scary everything looks. Rivers made of blood. The blood is the water of Labarynth, I'm guessing. A chill runs up my spine. Bridges have arms and faces screaming and moving; watching. I grit my teeth. "Is this safe?"

"Very much so." A clear voice replies, I glance around, hesitating.

"Who's there?!" Sachi hisses, jumping onto his feet. Grabbing Vinmir up. Vinmir's face perks up.

"Wha-whoa." I shudder. A bunny hopping in front of us, bigger than a dog. I stare, bewildered. It shines bright white before revealing a boy, who glares at us, cocking his head giving us the once over.

"Who are you people and what do you want with my dad?" The bunny boy growls, I reach my hand out towards him.

"We're not bad. We just need information. Important information." I say, watching the boy nod. Pulling down his scarf. Revealing a small black button nose of his bunny form. A small smile on his perfect bow lips forming as he brushes his orange hair out of his red eyes. Blinking.

"Then you are Sye the Siren, I presume." The boy says, ushering to my wings.

"Yeah, I'm Sye the Siren." I respond, looking at the guys. "This is my group of friends. We're looking fo-"

"My dad, I know." The boy cuts off, tapping his chest. "I am Xindachi, son of Daemon. I am a Balachu."

"A Balachu?"

"A bunny shifter." Ajax quietly explains gently kicking my ankle. I wince, then smirk.

"Sorry, I'm new." I mutter.

"Follow me, Sye the Siren." Xindachi commands, spinning around walking. I grimace. The screams of the condemned are absolutely awful. Vinmir ushers from his eyes to mine.

"Just look at me, Sye. Don't freak out. Please, don't freak out. That's exactly what Daemon wants." He warns, I abide by that.

Creak...

"Not creepy at all." I mumble.

"Haha, my love, you are simply hilarious!" A loud sharp voice laughs out. I meet eyes with extremely crazed black eyes like a bugs with big pink slits, even though how crazed they seem they are inviting. So inviting I just want to go to the washroom and drop some timber like I was at home. A huge smile flicking on his face. A fist under his chin and the other rested on his throne armrest. "Well well, it is certainly a pleasure."

"Hello." I say, flicking my eyes around the huge room. It's beautiful compared to the outside. The throne is golden and shimmers under the huge sky dome. A staircase made of grass and trees. Everything is perfectly made for...Xindachi. Daemon isn't that bad, that voice echoes in the back of my head. Daemon laughs.

"I've prepared a feast. Well my sweetheart, cooked. I merely am the welcoming party." Daemon gushes, hand on his chest. He acts...like a woman, extremely feminine. Xindachi rolls his eyes.

"Dad." He whines, "Don't be embarrassing."

"That is hoo-hickle! I shall be who I simply am." Daemon protests, standing up posing like batman.

"Oooff course." Xindachi slowly says, facing me. "I'm going to see my mom. See you at the feast."

"Sure." Sachi says for me.

"That boy." Daemon hisses, Xindachi skipping out the room. Daemon rolls his eyes, puffing blowing his loose pieces of black hair about. "He only hates daddy because daddy told him that he couldn't see Sheomès' son. Pavelon that absurd boys name is. Gah, daddy cannot fathom the shame." Daemon hides his face in his hands, over dramatically. Vinmir raises a finger. Red glares smacking his hand. Raising an eyebrow, telling him no. Daemon pops up to his feet. "Let me introduce you to my sweet love. Come follow me, darlings!"

"O-" Daemon grasps my arm and drags me quickly behind him. I flinch away. Beginning to flap my wings. Daemon gives me the finger. Then points ahead of him.

"Come, come, little darlings, come!" Daemon instructs. I glance at the arrangement of rooms with closed doors, spotting a huge door hanging open. Seeing big bunny ears moving around behind a huge aquarium wall. I give an amused look. Holy crap. Daemon hovers into the room. Pushing the door open wide. "Come, darlings."

"Dad!" Xindachi growls, his hood down, pointy long black ears hang down upset. "Moms cooking!"

"I am not dumb, my baby." Daemon says, running into the kitchen. Xindachi crosses his arms.

"I'm sorry about my embarrassing dad. My mom has tried to help him but sadly they ended up the same." Xindachi apologizes, crudely. Ajax nods.

"Introducing my lovely love, Rabbie!" Daemon says, ushering to a guy stepping out from the kitchen adjusting his circle framed glasses sitting on the tip of his black button nose. Red eyes look over us and he pushes back his clean slicked orange hair. Bunny ears twitching, happily. Smiling brightly at us. Wiping his hands on his dirty apron.

"Good day, Sye the Siren and friends. Please, sit and make yourselves comfortable. Talk amongst yourselves. I shall bring appetizers and join you." Rabbie says, I can't help but stare at him. Xindachi is Daemon's son but he looks like this guy. It's obvious the chick that had Xindachi cheated on Daemon with Rabbie. This is weird. I nod, flopping myself into one of the comfy seats. The guys following me. Vinmir stares as they disappear into the kitchen.

"So...does Daemon know that Rabbie screwed his chick?" Ajax stifles a laugh. Red bites his lip. I blink, unamused. "What?"

"Daemon is the dad and Rabbie is the mom." Sachi informs me. I stare, watching his face.

"But a guy can't have kids. Not on ear-"

"We're not on earth anymore, Sye. We're here in Wysteria. All species can have kids." Ajax reminds me.

"I know. Bu-"

"You could have Kiopi's child too." Red snickers, my lip twitches.

"No. Nope. How does that even work?" I ask, glancing around.

"It's different for all species." Vinmir adds in. My mouth hangs.

"Okay."

"Welcome to Labarynth!" Rabbie chirps, Xindachi and Daemon walking behind him with platters of food. "Appetizers anyone?"

"Right here!" Vinmir commands, pointing to his mouth. Daemon smacks him in the face with a sausage. I chuckle.

________________________

Progress, progress, progress! ^o^

Vote and Comment.