Chapter 30: Stairs to Labarynth

"Jimmy's in the back with a pocket of high, if you listen close you can hear em cry, oh lord heaven knows we belong way down below. Sing it." A Siren with the voice of a rock goddess roars, stomping her feet.

"Oh lord heaven knows we belong way down below, way down below, way down below." Sirens bellow out, swinging their swords, axes, war hammers like the dwarves from Snow White, the weapons creating music. I stare, bemused. Where did that come from? They chant it and it sounds serene. It's made for us. It's awesome. I gush.

"They've regained their senses when their God approached. Xyrie left them behind thinking they were useless. Ignorant fool." Ulin hisses, rubbing his crossed arms.

"Oh lord heaven knows!" Red yells sounding like something dying. Ajax clamping his hands over his ears, wincing. Red waves his arms.

"Stop. Just stop it." Ajax pleas, Red's face collides with his palm.

"Wait!" I shout, realization hitting me. "Way down below. Daemon! We can get Daemon and Rabbie to join us."

"The thing is will Yumina allow us to rise Daemon up from Labarynth?" Ulin questions, intrigued. A smirk on his face.

"I came in like a wrecking ball!" Vinmir sings, swinging from a boulder. My finger pointed up withers down. Sachi face palms. Vinmir laughs. "Ya'll got your men in tights now!"

"Gods." Ajax grumbles, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Well it's worth a try." Xindachi says, shrugging. "My dads not that bad. He'd agree in a heart beat."

"What kind of soldiers are we talk-"

"The army of the undead." Xindachi sniggers, amused. I gawk, amazed and stunned.

"The undead?" I ask again.

"Yeah, the undead. My friends when I grew up in Labarynth were in the army. I haven't seen them for a while though." Xindachi confirms, clicking on his watch. Rabbie's face appearing, smirking and looking mighty fine.

"That wouldn't be so bad." I say, stumbling to find words.

"Are you insane?!" Laliia exclaims.

"Maybaaay." I slowly retort, circling my thumbs around each other, eyes trained on them, lips curled up.

"Ugh, Hirmeus, love, defend me." Laliia whines, pouting at Hirmeus.

"I don't have to do anything for you, tramp." He growls, eyes flashing with rage and hate. The children that Laliia and Hirmeus had were nothing but magical beings kept alive by Laliia's powers. She extinguished their flames last night after their fight.

"Where are they caging the Elves, I wonder." Titan questions, trotting down the stairs, his kimono swinging about. Vinmir tumbles down the steps, landing firmly onto Sachi. Sachi groans.

"Ow." He whimpers, throwing Vinmir off him.

I smile, glancing over to Ajax and Red aid the hurt Sirens. A baby bundles in Red's arms, Red brushes his fingers against the babies cheek, looking into the babies pink eyes with a hint of love in them. Ajax peeks at him here and there noting Red's calm demeanour.

My eyes continuously guide myself towards Titan. I don't understand why though. Yumina has been talking to the Gods and I all day and night. Sometimes I wish she'd be quiet so I could sleep.

"Sye the Siren!" Titan yells, I jump surprised. Titan peeks from the stairs to me. "I need your voice."

"Sure!" I shout, dramatically.

Rushing down chasing after Titan sprinting way too damn fast for his own good. I huff and puff. Hissing, kicking myself up and flapping my big wings. Hovering over Titan. My eyes widen and mouth shoots down. Elves. Titan's elves hang from cages on the mines ceiling over lava. I gulp. Titan points.

"There are levers on the ceiling to lower them. I cannot reach. Use a gust of your voice to swing them to safety before they reach the lava. Only then shall I be able to guide them to me." Titan commands.

"Alright!" I say, rushing to a lever. The screech of the chains rubbing together hits my ears. I grimace. Wings fluttering, heavily. Three cages begin to lower and the Elves scream frightened. I make haste, dropping myself lower. "Ra!"

The Elves cage flings towards Titan who uses his power to hover them to him across the ridge. I turn and shout another pair of elves. Sirens come and grab them. Suddenly Sirens break cages open and help the Elves to safety. Taking the injured to Ajax and Red. I put my hands on my hips.

"Apparently I just needed to call them?" I ask, a bit unimpressed with myself for not realizing earlier. I'm their God, my wish is their command. Titan smirks.

"Did you not know?"

"Well no." I answer as we walk back to the encampment.

Eyes facing forward, Elves and Sirens look as if they are getting along. A weird tale for some. Since Elves and Sirens despise each other. I sigh in relief, slumping over. Sprawling out on a makeshift bed on the ground.

"I'm so tired."

"When are you not?" Titan teases.

"Hmm, shut up." I snigger.

"Ulin has an idea." Vinmir says, rubbing his neck, glancing around.

"And I need to do something." I imply, Ulin ushers me over.

"Time to shine." Ulin grins.

________________________

Just a shortie. Sorry I haven't posted a new part for awhile. I'm busy with college and have lost interest in writing. It's awful.

Song is by The Pretty Reckless. I'm obsessed with it :D

(TToTT) I'm sorry!

Vote and Comment.