Mother Dearest

~Val~

I woke up to this weird music

I woke up to this weird music. "Harry, go away," I moaned. Someone started touching my feet. "Harry stop," I mumbled. "Who's Harry?" Someone asked. I woke up with a start. Where am I?! I looked around slowly. Oh right, this is Auradon. The music was probably my roommate, Lonnie. She has an annoying habit of doing that.

"Good morning!" She said. I rolled my eyes and flopped back onto the bed. "Don't be like that, it's a big day, second day of school!" She exclaimed. "Why do I care?" I asked. "Because we get to learn all these cool classes, plus you're finally back home with your family and friends," she gushed.

"Friends, is that what we are?" I asked. "Yeah," she said. "We haven't seen each other in years, I don't know you and you don't know me, how exactly does that make us friends?" I asked slipping into my shirt. It was purple and used to be Mal's. My hair was crimped and I put two tiny ponytails in it at odd angles. After slipping on fake sleeves and my black pants I was ready to go.

"Are you ready for breakfast?" Lonnie asked awkwardly. "Sure" I shrugged. Lonnie started rambling about foods and such while I completely ignored her. Just a few more days. "Val, hello!" She called snapping her fingers in my face, snapping me into reality. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I was just asking what your favorite lunch food is, mine's finger sandwiches!" She squealed.

I frowned. Finger sandwiches? Like a sandwich with fingers? I thought Auradon was non violent. "Finger sandwiches?" I asked confused, "isn't the bones hard to bite through?" She stared at me blankly for a second before laughing. "I think you're confused," she laughed. No shit! "A finger sandwich is just a sandwich you eat with your hands, not a sandwich made of fingers," she explained. I nodded, "No real fingers, got it," I muttered under my breath.

"So..." she drawled. "What?" I asked mildly annoyed. "You haven't answered my question," she told me, "about the lunch food." Lunch? What even is that?! "Lunch food?" I asked. "Yeah, like what's your favorite food mto eat for lunch," she explained. People have favorite foods? I just pick the one that's not moldy. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well surely there's something, what'd did you usually eat for lunch on the isle?" She asked. "What the fuck is this lunch you keep talking about?" I asked, "is it another word for breakfast?" "Lunch is the meal between breakfast and dinner, duh!" realization flooded her face, "You guys didn't have that did you?" She asked. I shook my head in response. I was lucky to get three meals a month, let alone three meals a day!

I pushed my thoughts away and followed Lonnie to the cafeteria. I soon found my sister and quickly walked towards her. "I wanna go home," I told her. "I know, just calm down," Mal said. I shook my head, "I can't, I don't wanna be here, what if I see her?" I asked. She grabbed my arms, "You'll not be alone, I'm always right here, nothing will happen," She promised, "now breathe." I nodded and took a deep breath. "You good?" Jay asked. I nodded taking another breath. "Everything will be fine, now let's go, before we draw more attention to ourselves," Mal told me.