Special Treat

~Val~

"I'm not wearing this," I said for the millionth time today

"I'm not wearing this," I said for the millionth time today. "But you look good in it," Graciela said exasperatedly as she held up the ugliest, frilliest, turquoisest dress I've ever seen, "you used to love these types of dresses when you were little." I scoffed at her, "I'm not three years old anymore," I rolled my eyes, "I'll look like a fucking pillow," I argued, "I'm not wearing it." With that I stormed out of the room in favor of walking back to the dorms. "Don't even like this stupid holiday anyways," I muttered, but I know she still heard me.

I was about to leave the castle when Percy came in. I gasped and hugged her. Percy is like an older sister to me and even Mal. "You're back!" I squealed. "Technically I don't leave for three more weeks, which is why I bought you something," she said holding up a red shirt and brown skirt. "You can wear it with those black and red heels I bought you," she smiled giving me the bag, "did I mention I bought matching heels for you?" She asked handing me a shoe box. "Wicked," I said with an approving smirk. "I knew you'd like it," she said ruffling my hair.

I looked at the shirt again and frowned. "Red reminds me of Harry," I muttered wiping a tear from my eyes, "I miss him." Percy grabbed me and hugged me. "Maybe you can write to him," she said. I shook my head, "Justin told Fairy Godmother to not let us write home because it would wreck our progress, it's so stupid," I moaned. "I'll fix that, easy, you and your friends can use my mailbox, now go write that letter," she ordered. "Yes ma'am!" I shouted with a mock salute and ran out the door to the dorms.

~Persephone~

"So... my daughter has a boyfriend?" Grace asked from behind me, "what am I doing wrong?" I sighed, "You're trying to establish yourself too soon, you haven't given her time to accept you as her mother," I told her slowly as I got up. "Where are you going?" She asked. "To yell at your nephew," I answered, "JUSTIN!!!"

I stomped up the castle stairs as I continued to call his name. "Hello Percy, what's the matter?" Justin asked innocently. "Did you or did you not forbid my goddaughter from sending letters back to her home?" I asked. "Her home is here," he said exasperatedly, "why can't anyone see that?!" I growled at him, "Like it or not that girl has a life and family on the Isle, you have no right to ruin that,"

"Valentina belongs here, they all belong here, not on the isle, by cutting their ties with the Isle we can help them embrace their full potential in Auradon," he said diplomatically. I shook my head, "Those kids have enough problems without you pretending to know what's best for them," I told him, "now I know you like Val, but she doesn't like you back and you can't ruin her happiness just because she's not the same person she was ten years ago." I noticed he was about to speak so I silenced him. "I'm very disappointed in you, this isn't how a king should behave," I said before leaving him alone with his thoughts.