11. Goodbye, Sting

You groggily woke up for the morning with a yawn. It was day four of the Grand Magic Games, meaning they were almost over, thank Ishgar. Maybe you'd get to see Sting finally fight. After all, he is talked up a whole lot, so he must be strong. Maybe you'd even bump into him again.

With a sigh, you poured yourself some coffee and got ready for the day. You weren't sure if it could be any more eventful than the third day, but time will tell.

You sat in the stadium, and your seat happened to be close to Sabertooth's stand, unfortunately. People were still filing into their seats, and as soon as Sting caught a whiff of your scent, his head snapped into your direction. His eyes widened, and his lips turned into a smirk. You only rolled your eyes, holding up your ticket and mouthing "Can't help it."

His smirk only widened. In annoyance, you did a finger gun to your head and he stuck his bottom lip out in a fake pout, mouthing "So sorry." You once again rolled your eyes, but couldn't help the smirk that graced your lips as you shook your head.

Minerva came into the stand, and as soon as she did, Sting's gaze hardened and he focused on the arena.

'Weird.'

Chapati Lola, the announcer, went on to announce that day four had started, and the first event was Naval Battle. A giant sphere of water floated in the arena, and teams sent out their members. Fairy Tail Team A sent Lucy, B sent Juvia (smart choice), and Sabertooth sent Minerva. You knew that Minerva was going to win, probably by a long shot. She has a very strong magic, and has had seven years to make it even stronger than the last time you saw her. She was also the strongest in Sabertooth.

The mages went on into the sphere of water. The announcer gave the rules once all the wizards were in the water. The rules were pretty simple. You had to knock wizards out of the water, and once only two wizards remained, a five minute countdown would start. If one of the two remaining competitors exit the ring during the five minutes, they'll be ranked last place. The last one in the water is the winner.

Lucy wasted no time, summoning Aquarius who clashed with Juvia. While they battled, Jenny, from Blue Pegasus, kicked Rocker, from Quatro Cer- Puppy, out, making it an all-girls match. Aquarius ditched Lucy for a date, so Lucy had to swiftly pull out Aries and Virgo. Virgo saved Lucy from the attack, while Aries countered it with her magic.

Juvia showed off a powerful attack and ended up knocking Jenny, Risley, and Sherria out of the water. Juvia was suddenly teleported outside of the water, and you knew it was Minerva's Territory Magic.

'Just what is she planning?' You narrowed your eyes.

Instead of teleporting Lucy outside of the ring, like a sane person would do, she instead started burning the blonde with her magic. Lucy went to reach for her keys, only to find that they were now in Minerva's hand. Minerva kept burning Lucy with her magic, not allowing the blonde to leave. She was playing extremely dirty, and you liked none of it.

Lucy declared that no matter what, she would not give up. The two females waited out the minute remaining. As soon as the timer stopped, a sadistic look crossed Minerva's face, and she sent a huge attack after the blonde. Lucy screamed in agony, and you could only watch in horror. The raven haired woman sent attack after attack. Lucy started floating towards the outside of the ring, but the saber teleported her in front of herself, kicking her back. Minerva absolutely pummeled the fairy.

Why would they not stop the match?! What the hell was going on through the rule-makers and game-makers heads?! She was already knocked out!

Your teeth clenched to the point of nearly chipping a tooth. Natsu screamed for them to stop, and you watched as he, Gray, and Erza glared over at the Sabertooth stand. You looked over as well, and saw that they were laughing. They were laughing! Sting included! You scowled, paying no mind to the audience members who backed away from you in fear. A murderous aura surrounded you, and the dumbass blond glanced over to you, grin faltering. He quickly looked back towards the arena, sweat dripping down his forehead.